A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Scroll bars

I've been trying for the last day trying to figure out how to manipulate the tutorial in the games section where you can change the X and Y of the movie object, but no success. What I'm trying to do is have a movie of text sit in a field, and two arrow buttons next to it pointing up and down. If onMouseOver on the top button, the text goes down, if onMouseOver on the bottom, it goes up... I tried using TellTarget, but it doesn't seem to work... so I need to know how to tell a target to change the _y when the button is activated. I can't use the arrow-key tutorial because I have more than one text field...

Also, if I get this to work, how do I tell the scrolling to stop when it gets to a certain Y (when it reaches the end of the text in this example). Is it possible to tell the TellTarget to do a "previous frame" or "next frame" every half a second while the button is activated?

Thanks if anyone can help.

Kefka, which tutorial are you using so we can 'be on the same page' with you and hopefully give you some more help?

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ga...98/index.shtml

this one, I was trying to modify it so instead of the keys, on the mouse rollover of button 1, it would increase the y-axis, and on the other button 2 it would decrease.

bump