A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8 Designers / scripters 8 different countries

Arrow nice idea....

... so i would like to be the one from Austria.

well my name is Borat and I am being from Uzbekistan....my wife thinks I should do this well...hope to be seeing you too...

I kiss you

rodrigo

does this really belong in the AS forum?? oh, who cares..

Darn.. i think i'm too late to join.. *shrug* oh well. E-mail me with what you guys come up with! (fabmuD@hotmail.com)
    PS: i'm in NC,usa if you want another bum.. =P
    And i can't do anything for the next 3 weeks... school and such

Enjoy yourselves! =D
    -Bmud

Yep, I'm from Australia...

Email us all the details when you get organised.
    dave@envisionous.com

Cheers
    Dave

Im in for the United States! this sounds fun..

Where's Evy we haven't heard from him since Norway joined.
    Regarding more than eight people joining the experiment, I will bow to Evy's opinion, it's his project. Personally I have no problem but it's worth noting that if we have a week each, I'm not keen on receiving the project in the middle of 2025! There has to be a limit otherwise the project will never get completed.
    I suspect that Evy was thinking the same when he originally posted for eight developers. 2 months!
    Questions like where are we going to host the site, what happens if the size of the site gets bigger than is possible to e-mail?
    We need to answer the following questions

1) What's the site going to be about? (linkinghands)
    2) Where is it going to be hosted? (Something like Geocities? We share the password (Username: LinkingHands
    Password: Flashkit)
    3) Who's going to make the short list?
    4) Who's going first?
    5) Sort out the strengths and weaknesses of the members. To determine who goes first and who goes last. A strong graphic designer should be involved at the earlier design stages the scripters later on to bring it the life?

Any ideas guys and Evy?

Regards
    PADDYWALL esq

Sorry I have not been replying to any of the posts been on a short break over the weekend (as it was a bank holiday over here what else is there to do but drink lots of beer away from home).

Anyway back to the Experiment looks like were nearly there, we have got enough people and here is the list From norway -
    norway. From canada - pmineault. From the UK - paddywall. From Mongolia - Zanjan. From Denmark - henrikebbesen. From
    USA - JT122333. From USA - ArcticX. From Estonia - Tautz, Oh yes and me From ENGLAND. Now about the subject if
    someone feels confident to start they may choose the subject from the list of suggestions on the board. I am planning to start the
    whole thing in within 24 hours (give the people in the USA time to have there say).

So if there is anyone is brave enough to start put your case forward and I will let you know who I choose and the order that the file should go to people.

Cheers

Evy

Post ...

Ok guys yes I really do think that this stuff dosn't belong to flashkit AS forum.
    I have my own server...and anyway I was goin' to experiment to do some forum system. What about if we are going to meet there. All stuff related with our project will be up there. So that we can easly share our ideas...
    What you guys think?
    And I also i think thet Evy sould draw the line somewhere unless we want complete our project in 2025..LOL
    What you guys are thinking?

I think its a good idea to start out with the graphich designers.

I my self is kinda half designer, half scripter. So mabye I will fit somewhere in the middel of the process.!

good points...

I agree with those 5 points.

It's especially important to get a place we can all share a username and password so we don't have to mail it around.

There we should set up a folder for notes and sub-folders for each fase (each designer's personal notes). Another one for scetches (scanned drawings with extensive notes) from the early fases of design and another one for the fla's.

I agree that we need to limit the amount of designers / scripters in this project for the sake of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It can't be an eternally ongoing project.

Another project can be started if someone wants to include all the members of the forum (not a bad idea, but should really be another project).

good luck guys.........I can't wait to see the finished result, but remember this a wise man once said this "a camel is a horse designed by a comittee"..what this means is that with everybody adding their bit it can become clumsy ...

Smile

OK here is the final list anyone how wishes to join unless they have got one hell of a good reason sorry your just to late as
    paddywall said we do not want this to go on for ever.

1. From norway -norway
    2. From canada - pmineault
    3. From the UK - paddywall
    4. From Mongolia - Zanjan
    5. From Denmark - henrikebbesen
    6. From the USA - JT122333
    7. From the USA - ArcticX
    8. From Estonia - Tautz
    9. From Australia - TheOriginalFlashDavo
    10. From Amsterdam -dennie
    11. From Austria - northk
    12. From the USA - deltawolf
    13. And me

Just to clear up a few things mentioned.

About the hosting I was going to get a name like http://www.snowman/ball something like that (the idea being it starts of small and
    gradually gets bigger and bigger)

About the design it would be a good idea if the person who started was pretty nifty in flash and a bloody good designer so if you
    know who you are put your name forward to me.

As said in the above post i have made the short list and I shall choose the order.

If you feel that you should go 2nd or 3rd tell me why and I will consider you for that spot.

I have made one decision already TheOriginalFlashDavo will be near the end as he can not start it for 5 weeks (anyone else who
    cant start for a will let me know)

Lets have fun

Evy

How about this:

Originally posted by Evy
    The list:
    From Norway - norway
    From Canada - pmineault
    From the UK - paddywall
    From Mongolia - Zanjan
    From Denmark - henrikebbesen
    From USA - JT122333 & ArcticX
    From Estonia - Tautz
    Oh yes and me From ENGLAND
    Is this the final list? Because I believe ArcticX decided to let JT122333 have the whole USA for himself.

We did have another poster from the USA that was willing to participate too...

Also, it appears you have forgotten our Aussie friend, Dave.

There was another fellow UK'er, Bobajobrob, but I guess 3 from the UK is a bit much (is that what you were thinking?)...

Well, I wouldn't mind going first since I'm stronger in graphic design and usability than I am in scripting.

I would require either:

1. having a partner (another from the list that is strong in graphic design) to help since it's the first fase, and then letting everyone take it solo from there, or

2. just that I get lots of input from everyone so as to clearly define a goal and direction for the project. In this scenario I would also like to be able to confer with the other team members through the first couple days of the design process since what I would come up with would likely be the framework that the whole project would be based upon.

If I'm not chosen to go first I'd still prefer to be in the early fases because of my strengths in design rather than scripting.

Ooops! Sorry, we must have posted at the same time...

Originally posted by Evy
    1. From Norway -norway
    2. From Canada - pmineault
    3. From the UK - paddywall
    4. From Mongolia - Zanjan
    5. From Denmark - henrikebbesen
    6. From the USA - JT122333
    7. From the USA - ArcticX
    8. From Estonia - Tautz
    9. From Australia - TheOriginalFlashDavo
    10. From Amsterdam -dennie
    11. From Austria - northk
    12. From the USA - deltawolf
    13. And me
    That's a nice list.

Does ArcticX still want to participate though?

If so I suggest one of the Americans start off with me to lay the groundwork (if I'm chosen to go first that is and providing one of them feels confident in design) since there appear to be three.

Good question, if ArcticX is still interested please let me know, I included him on the list as he got his foot in the door first.

P.S If you would like to secure your place I will need your e-mail address for obvious reasons (sending the file on), as we can't send it on through flash kit.

If someone konews of anyother way of geting the file to people feel free to let me know.

EVY

Originally posted by Evy
    If someone konews of anyother way of geting the file to people feel free to let me know.
    If we all have the username and password to the site we're going to upload everything on, well be able to share files that way (through FTP).

Another advantage to that is that we all will be able to see the progress as it goes.

will most prob do it the FTP way but until I get the site registerd we will have to e-mail it for now (if were going to use the FTP we should e-mail the passwords and user name personaly) otherwise anyone could get on there.

EVY

P.S. Ill keep u all up to date with the registering process.

Aquarium drinker
    Greater than 45 degrees in Minkowski space
    I'm definitely more of a scripter, so put me down in the final stages of development. My e-mail's patrickmineault@sympatico.ca.

I have an old forum I set up using Phorum, I suggest we officially move there. The address is http://www.rprog.f2s.com/phorum.

We should probably consider setting up a mailing list as well.

Originally posted by Evy
    if were going to use the FTP we should e-mail the passwords and user name personaly otherwise anyone could get on there.
    Good point.

Mine's rharris@chello.no and richard.harris@kbank.no . I'd prefer to get mailed to both addys if that's ok.

As for the regestering, unless you're rich I suggest we use a free host like geocities or one of the other several available, and if you want a customized URL we can get one from cjb.net or another free forwarding service.

Just a suggestion...

my email is hebbesen@get2net.dk