A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: drawing in flash

Ok, I'm doing an animation for my drawing class and I need some help here... I just started the actual drawing of the frames yesterday and I just scanned them into photoshop, cropped them, imported them into flash, traced bitmaps, then painted them in flash. I had 12 frames and it took me forever to do all this and it's only like 2 seconds worth of movie. My question is, is there a better way to go about all this processing part, maybe some kind of shortcut or something?

Here's what I got so far. I liked the way it looked when it was hand drawn personally, but I had to trace bitmap in order to color quicker.

[swf width="200" height="200" background="#FFFFFF"]http://aoneproductions.homestead.com/files/test.swf[/swf]

you could make certain parts of the animation (the guitar, the legs) into symbols and that would save you having to redraw them... I dunno .. does this help

:: come on i am sure there are more knowledgable ppl out there

Motion

I think, a perfect shortcut, are converting some parts of the body into symbols and use the motion option.

I hope i can help.