A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Slow movie= help, make it go faster

Exclamation

please click the swf below to view my page, when it runs the "welcome" text scene, look how slow it animates.... i wonder how i can make that run faster, cause i tried it on the fastest connection you can get and it is still lagging... oh yeah, i created the text using swish, if that helps...

thanks

I couldn't get to your site for some reason, but you could try increasing the frame rate, or preloading the movie instead of letting it stream it.

Hope this helps.

go to modify>movie and make the frames per second rate higher

Not a Flash Kit Moderator
    The FlashDoctor

If that doesnt get the results you are looking for, you can also try decreasing the amount of frames, each animation palys, it will be a bit choppier though. Steve

Is the text Ben's Portfolio in 3D at the start? If so, that could be slowing it down some.

Also, using tint instead of Alpha for a fade can save some space too but won't work for you here since your background is changing.

Cheers

The FlashDoctor

Also try to put a mini invisible preloader in for the 30 frames or so that the animation plays in. Steve.

Exclamation

i tried to match the frames per sec. in swish to flash and that didn't work, so, i guess i'll do the preloader thing.... eventhough, i don't think its going to work... maybe i'll make it less graphic...

too many tweens = slow movie. The thing that's killing you is the backgroung tweening from blue to black...try taking it out and see how it runs. The bigger the element the longer it takes for your CPU to process the shift. It has to redraw each colour. The larger the area the longer it takes.

A good rule of thumb is only have a maximum of 3 elements moving at once.

Good luck

sam

Exclamation thanks

thanks for everyone's help, i just decided to take it out, like right before i got sam's message... i'll try to up date it more to make it look better... and then, hopefully, i will get lots 'o' money

The FlashDoctor

Did the preloader deal work for you at all? Steve