dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What do you guys think of this?

FK Doctor of Love
    Got the idea from the Daily Deviation at http://www.deviantart.com , airbrushing myself...

I thought I would try my hand at the technique. I've been working on this for about a half an hour or so, it's not near done yet.

What do you guys think so far?

FK Doctor of Love
    Did some more work on it...

I should be studying for my final tomorrow...

I think it's a face. I'm just not into that sort of thing, so I don't really know how to go about critiquing how you've done that. Sometimes it's hard to look at certain things and say one way or the other about it.

Good Luck with it,

mg33

Nice work man Did you use Photoshop? I really hope u got a drawing pad cus i could never do that with a mouse!

FK Doctor of Love
    Yea, it was done all in Photoshop 6.

Continuing evolution, this might be the last for now. I really need to study.

Is it me or do you have the whole Fred Durst chin/jawline stubble thing in action?

Good luck with the studying. Someday you too will know what it feels like to sit back and say, "Wow, I don't have any more studying to do, ever."

Honestly, it's kind of difficult, it always is when semesters end, because the last few weeks are really hectic, and then it just stops. You still feel like you have to write more in a paper, you still feel like you need to study a bit more for a test. but it doesn't matter, there's nothing more to do, you just can't make the mind think that.

And it's much harder right now trying to realize that 5 years of college is over. I still feel anxious like I've still got something left to do. But today I spent the day hanging out with a friend, we went into the city, took the digital camera and got a nice supply of urban based photos, and a picture of some pidgeons on the ground that ended up probably being my favorite photo of the day. A woman was feeding them bread and they were kind of flitting around a bit. The white one that is sort of in the center seems to be the area that my eye goes to, either because it's pretty sharp, or because it's eye is red. It just stands out, almost like it intended to.

Anyhow, today was great becuase I've not had any spare time lately to just hang out and go to the city area.

mg33

sure you can do it with a mouse...

I drew this using the mouse. I put down a flat color and then used the burn and dodge tools to render the shadows and highlights.

FK Doctor of Love
    Originally posted by mg33
    Is it me or do you have the whole Fred Durst chin/jawline stubble thing in action?
    LOL It's been shaved since the picture that I airbrushed this from (about 3 weeks ago). It's just something that I grow every 2 weeks or so for a couple days (when I just don't feeling like shaving everything...well, I don't mean everything Been doin it for about 4 years.

And I know what you mean about studying. I have this Ethics final in 2 hours, and I think that I know everything that I need to, but no matter how confident I am about it, I keep going back over the notes. I can't help it.

BTW, I love that picture. My eye keeps going to the one in the front right, the dark one right next to your white one. It's pretty clear as wel. Oh yea, another thing, you don't have to constantly show off your great digital camera It just makes the rest of us jealous, but that's the point, isn't it?

hehe, when my sites done and the vault of material is up there, I'll simply refer you to the site.

no ETA yet, but I'm about to really get rolling on it this week, also starting a big freelance job within the next two weeks, but...NO STRESS OF SCHOOL OVER MY HEAD!!!

mg33

FK Doctor of Love
    Originally posted by mg33
    hehe, when my sites done and the vault of material is up there, I'll simply refer you to the site.
    In all seriousness, I will be looking forward to it.

just checking