A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Come on Pope, I know you know this! HELP!

Pope,

nobody wants to tackle this Question so I thooght you might want to take a crack at it

okay here is the low down....

I have a SWF movie that leads to a main menu. From there it targets a frameset. this all works fine but I would like for the user to be able to go back to the mainmenu in the swf. I tried creating a second movie menu without the intro stuff but it still needs to load..... it would be much smoother if they could just go back to the main swf menu.

here is the link....you will see what I mean!

http://www.flashdesignit.com/interface.html

It seems to me your only option would be to have the intro and menu as separate .swf files. There is no way to tell a movie to go to and play/stop a certain frame from HTML proper. (No way that I know of, anyhow.)

I had a thought...If your menu swf was blank in the first keyframe...nothing but a stop action...then you could load it with the intro, and then in the last frame of the intro go to and play "menu.swf, 2", where the preloaded menu movie would start in earnest. Then, to return to the menu swf from HTML, you could load a 3rd swf file, completely blank, which reloads menu.swf and has a go to and play "menu.swf, 2" action. Maybe that is a roundabout way to get the effect you're looking for.

As far as directly telling a movie to go to a certain frame from HTML, I have searched high and low for solution and have not found one anywhere.

Good Luck!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    What I would do is just have the submenu slide up and have the main menu slide down so its in the same movie on the left. That way you dont have to go back and the customer gets to the information fast. It would be fast to change since you would only have to create on move clip. Regards, Bill