hi guys please please please help. this is really urgent..
The FS Command "exec" that we use in projectors are used to run applications. How can we do that on a mac?
On a pc, we target the "exe" file, ... but on a mac?
The situation that im in now is that my projector is required to start a director projector when a button is clicked. I can do that using the "exec" fs command, on a pc.
But how can i do that on a mac?
I would be really grateful if anyone can help. Or even let me know if this is not possible. thanks all.
exe on a mac (the 7 magic steps)
I did a very similiar CD that required flash to boot up
a quicktime movie. On the PC I used BAT files to do this
and that worked well. On the Mac, the trick is to do the following:
1) Create a CD with all your finished pieces on it
2) Put it in the CD drive
3) Boot up Applescipt, (comes free on a Mac)
4) Next you simply record the actions it takes you to open the CD and double-click the director file to boot it up.
5) As soon as you've done that stop recording your actions and save the resulting file out as an application.
6) Burn a new CD with this application now on as well
7) FS command it from Flash
Basically its a small application whose sole purpose is to boot up the director file on the mac. Done deal.
I dont know if this is the best way or not, but it works on all Macs I tested it on without any problems, regardless of OS version.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width