A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: database tool (like ms access) for mac?

Hi,
    I've been looking everywhere for a database program like Microsoft Access for MAC. I need to create a small database so I can update info. on my site through ASP. Does anyone know of a decent one? A free one would be that much better...
    Thank you so much.

Hi,
    I´ve never seen a freeware Database solution for the Mac.

Apple Works ($79) has Database capabilities.
    http://www.apple.com/appleworks/

cheers

if you are using ASP, doesn't this mean that your server is running Windows? in which case you don't need a database for Macs? in which case you can use MySQL or even Access.

maybe I'm wrong though - sorry if I'm missing the point

- n.

I agree with enemem... asp + Mac doesn't add up, but if you really are looking for a decent desktop-weight database for Mac, I like Filemaker Pro. It's not free, but it's not too expensive. I believe FoxPro can be gotten for Mac also.

Originally posted by grbrren
    Hi,
    I've been looking everywhere for a database program like Microsoft Access for MAC. I need to create a small database so I can update info. on my site through ASP. Does anyone know of a decent one? A free one would be that much better...
    Thank you so much.
    I agree with verdon. You have to know that FileMaker Pro is the database #1 on MacOS AND #2 on Windows (behind Access). Plus, FMPro is fully compatible with both platforms and can be accessible from both on a mixed network !!! (And no, I'm not working at FileMaker Inc...)