A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: jump from movie clip to main scene

Hybrid View

Red face

I've been developing a flash intro to a non-flash site. It should play and at the end jump to the html site via "get URL". All the fun stuff in the movie is actualy a movie clip, called "intro", at frame 10. On frame 11 in the main scene I have the "get URL" parameter. Anyways I have to find a way to jump from the movie clip to frame 11. If I specify a "go to" at the end of "intro", it goes to frame 11 of the movie clip, not main scene.
    I hope somebody can make some sense of this, as I am trying to make more sense out of flash (having a great time doin it too)

P.S. I know I could have the "get URL" at the end of the movie clip, in this case it would work (and did), but I don't want to go out the easy way, as in due time I will be developing movies with multiple clips.

A cold Heiny for whoever can answer this :P

Exclamation

Why not create a new scene with the get URL action in a frame? That way you can dedicate that scene as a get URL transfer hub where all your movie clips go to specific frames in it to get their respective URL's.