A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: everyone can steal every flash ideas !!

I often heard about people sayin "x has stolen the y part from my swf!" and I thought it can´t possible.
    Now I got the ASV 2.0 and I have to say everyone can steal everything.
    From seperate vector gfx to the whole script of an 3d engine.
    Is there any tool to seperate the sounds from an swf ?
    I don´t like to judge about this possibility, cause you can use this tools or abuse it.

I hate these programs.
    it makes it easy for ppl to steal work that you have taken ages doing.
    erm, thats it.

Austrian Superstar
    Macromedia should do sth about these ****ed up programs

I would not say it is macromedias responcibility, although i do not know whose it is. I know I have most of the tools at my fingertips to rip flsah exe, and swfs apart to read scripts , get images- I sure if I thought about it I could get the sound too- I am very against piracy. This is how I make my money I don't want people stealing my stuff so I won't take theres. As to a solution - I do not know, but why do you think it should be mm's responcibility?

fleep

"Ideas are made, stolen, repackaged and sold back to the highest bidder. In turn, we come up with new ideas to outdate the old. This is the way of invention."

-Thomas Edison

The Minister of No Crap

Originally posted by Lou C. Fur
    "Ideas are made, stolen, repackaged and sold back to the highest bidder. In turn, we come up with new ideas to outdate the old. This is the way of invention."

-Thomas Edison

Well said!

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com

FK Board Loser
    If your site is nice enough the duplicate won't be as nice, this is the case most of the time the concept is to market your site and make it popular so when the duplicate comes out they won't have a chance, because its been done already.. simple concept, really..

stolen,repackaged etc

is it ok to rip everything and everyone off then?
    not in my humble opinion...

I don't think anyone is saying that stealing is good, but in the world of design it is pretty commonplace and is to be expected. Ideas are "stolen", changed a teensy bit and rebroadcast all the time. You think everyone had an idea about 'reality shows' at the same time?

Plagiarism is nothing new...it has just evolved.

The Minister of No Crap

-Thomas Edison
    I still think that this is the best thought on this whole subject.

-scott

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Thomas Edison

I must admit that this is a pragmatic view,but not morally right , I object to others breaking my swfs apart.

It could be argued that everything is copyable according to this quote, including intellectual material such as software.

The Minister of No Crap

Originally posted by darkstar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Thomas Edison

I must admit that this is a pragmatic view,but not morally right , I object to others breaking my swfs apart.

It could be argued that everything is copyable according to this quote, including intellectual material such as software.
    I don't think its really saying that its okay to copy. Its saying that its going to happen and the only real way to combat it is to come up with new ideas. So, when someone finally copies your style, you've already got a new one. You know what I mean?

-scott

Being new to flash I thought that swfs were pretty safe from being hacked, to bad really. Think of all the time they could be spending learning to flash better and with greater originality. I'm just getting my feet wet with flash, and I love it; retroengineering someone's work just can't be satisfying. Unfortunately cheaters can prosper, the cheated have to be content with self respect.

Originally posted by nocrapchurch

-Thomas Edison

-scott
    whos Thomas Edison again?

FK Robot Wrangler

-Thomas Edison
    geez... that's what i tried to tell the cops when they arrested me for borrowing my neighbor's car, renaming it "the jaredmobile", repainting it, and selling it to a guy in nuevo laredo.

i think it's important to point out that the key word in the above quote is "IDEAS". our web work is a product, and tampering with it or taking it apart in whole or part is not applicable to Thomas Edison's way of thinking. taking ideas from, say, the 2advanced site is one thing. ripping off the FLA and using it to make money is just stealing.

The Minister of No Crap

Originally posted by inspector
    Originally posted by nocrapchurch

-Thomas Edison

-scott
    whos Thomas Edison again?
    lol. At first, I didn't realize you were joking. But to answer your question, I think he's a flash designer. :-)

-scott

FK Robot Wrangler

i think Thomas Edison built my local high school. well, they named it after him, so that's my theory.

FK Official Postman
    i think Thomas Edison built my local high school. well, they named it after him, so that's my theory.
    jaredigital, are you from Maryland, 'cuz there is a Thomas Edison High School about 10 miles from where i live. probably not the only Edison High around, but you never know...

Just for the record

Not taking anything away from Mr. Edison, but Edison stole the idea of the incandescent light bulb from an Englishman.

Edison 'borrowed' this English chap's designs, did a few tweaks, and made it his own.

The Englishman sued Edison and won.

But as someone stated earlier, 'innovators' generally get the recognition because the time they didn't spend in development, they spent on marketing themselves, thus, they got their ideas further into the limelight.

So, it's no wonder Edison has a quote about the ease of copying and repackaging.

Today's show was brought to you by the letters T and M as in TM (TradeMark).

actually about 5 people, none of which worked alone, but were in fact the heads of large projects of scientists, worked to complete the light bulb, none really can claim credit as one would steal the idea of the past and alter it to make a better light-bulb, until edison came around and put in a better filament and (his best move) lit up 2 square blocks of down town new york city(he couldnt light more because his lights still used DC, not AC as we have today).

about flash, im a semi-profesional web-designer, have my own company that i use to make a few bucks on the side. Everything, EVERYTHING, i know has come from disecting the work of others who were better than me, figuring out what they did, then applying it. I've learned javascript, html, some perl, some php, and several basic languages this way. I never steal someone else's work, i just look at how they did something and do it myself on my OWN work, usually tinkering with it some. I cannot, on the other hand, do this with flash, its been a source of great frustration on several movies ive made. With flash my only options are a) to search in vain for a good tutorial that might have the one little thing im missing in it or b) go to the boards and ask, most of the time not getting a reply because most people havent done it.

I hope none of you people discrediting the use of others work use macOS X, because its written off of unix, which is a free source operating system that mac (in your own words) "stole", and is now making a profit off of. I also hope none of you EVER download/buy(like a chump) linux, because you'll just ruin it with your non-open-source thinking. lighten up..no one ever thinks up anything new, they just change what someone else has done, this is how civilization works. This is how natural selection works, your offspring (again in your words) "steal" your genetic code, that your parents made, and use it to prosper.

Stop *****ing about this, im sure at least 75% of you people use napster anyways.

Zachary "KlngArthur" Gavin