A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: george calling Pope

Unhappy

Also, im working on my first movie I know im doing something wrong, the .fla is already 730k with only two scenes!? Can I send it to you so you can look at it?
    Regards
    George

Talking

Why Dont You send it in to me. You might want to check your Jpeg Compression that might be it, or if you inserted something that flash compress. Refer to the Tutrials in the intermediate section of www.flashkit.com

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Sure your can send it to me but I can tell you right off that your having problems wit size due to the over use of raster images. You can limit the amount of file size by setting the quality of the each picture in the library before you export. If you dont it exports them as a 50% jpeg. Another thing is to make the file as small and compact prior to importing it into the fla. If your using an image at 100 x 100 pixels and you reduce it by 50% in size in the movie your sending 1/3 to 1/2 more information than is needed. I have also found that png file format gives me the smallest file with the best clarity. I also set the jepg export quality for each picture depending on its use. Send me the file and I will see how I can help out. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Smile

thanx guys, your right my file is now 256k . So i wait sending it. Now i feel like an idiot . Im gonna do some more work and i'll send it.
    Also thanx for the standaloneplayer, sorry im a newbie i don't know these things yet!
    Regards