A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pop-up windows with JavaScript...

I have different windows opening up on a few different buttons and the code below is what I'm using on my HTMl page. On each button I have the Get URL action with "javascript: openMovie1" and so on. But the problem I'm having is that it only opens one window, not all of them. Any suggestions on the what I should do or how I'm configuring this wrong. Any help is much appreciated!!!

<script language="javascript">
    function openMovie1(){
    window.open("movie1.htm","movie","width=640,height =480,status=yes,location=no")
    }
    function openMovie2(){
    window.open("movie2.htm","movie","width=640,height =480,status=yes,location=no")
    }
    function openMovie3(){
    window.open("movie3.htm","movie","width=800,height =600,status=yes,location=no")
    }
    function openMovie4(){
    window.open("movie4.htm","movie","width=800,height =640,status=yes,location=no")
    }
    function openMovie5(){
    window.open("movie5.htm","movie","width=777,height =505,status=yes,location=no")
    }
    </script>

You've named the window 'movie' in all your functions. You're creating the same widow each time. Change the name of each to movie1, movie2 etc eg: window.open("movie1.htm","movie1"... not window.open("movie1.htm","movie"...

If you're trying to call all at once, you also need a new function calling them all.

<script language="javascript">

function openAll() {
    openMovie1();
    openMovie2();
    openMovie3();
    openMovie4();
    openMovie5();
    }

function openMovie1(){
    window.open("movie1.htm","movie1","width=640,heigh t=480,status=yes,location=no")
    }
    function openMovie2(){
    window.open("movie2.htm","movie2","width=640,heigh t=480,status=yes,location=no")
    }
    function openMovie3(){
    window.open("movie3.htm","movie3","width=800,heigh t=600,status=yes,location=no")
    }
    function openMovie4(){
    window.open("movie4.htm","movie4","width=800,heigh t=640,status=yes,location=no")
    }
    function openMovie5(){
    window.open("movie5.htm","movie5","width=777,heigh t=505,status=yes,location=no")
    }

</script>

<a href="javascript:openAll()">test</a>

Thanks for the help. I guess I should've been more specific. I wanted different buttons to open the different windows. ButI figured it out last night. My problem was that I was putting the JavaScript within the Body of the HTML page and not in the Head. Stupid mistake on my part!