dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Button question" Help....

Hybrid View

Unhappy

I am a Newbie, so if this question is stupid don't give me a hard time. My question is I have seen buttons that when you press them some other design or image starts spinning around. I know that in the button setup this will go in the hit area but that is all I can figure out. Please help me to learn this technique. Thanks in advance.

Beginner......

Derek

Theres a few ways, heres two to be going on with :

Have a stop frame in your main timeline so that the movie halts before it gets to the bit that spins around and attach the following code to the button:

Code:
    on (release) {
    	play ();
    }
    OR

have a movieclip with a stop frame in it before the animation begins, drag it onto the main stage. name it's instance (for example animation and attach the following code to a button:

Code:
    on (release) {
    	animation.play ();
    }

Need more info...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by swampy
    [B]Theres a few ways, heres two to be going on with :

Have a stop frame in your main timeline so that the movie halts before it gets to the bit that spins around and attach the following code to the button:

Code:
    on (release) {
    	play ();
    }
    OR

have a movieclip with a stop frame in it before the animation begins, drag it onto the main stage. name it's instance (for example animation and attach the following code to a button:

[code]
    on (release) {
    animation.play ();
    }
    [

Being I am a Newbie maybe this is all I need can somebody let me know. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to help me learn....