A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading external .jpg files....Pleeeeeeeease help me!!!!

Hi all, I am making a brick catalogue CD, look at!
    1- I have a folder with 5 imagens(1.jpg, 2.jpg,...This are houses pictures where the brick are shown in different colors)
    2- I made a flash project which has a botton, and it have to load the images into the project.
    3 - And after I need to change the images of the folder, but the .swf must be the same.

Please help me!!!

Any help will be appreciated!!!!!!

You use the load Movie action. All of your jpegs must be converted to SWF. Look In the Open SWF Forum for programs to convert Jpgs 2 SWF (There are several free ones plus Jesse has made a sample C++ program with his SDK that will convert IMages, Also Vid 2 Flash, JPG 2 SWF, Flix, Any program that can creat SWFs that can import JPGS- Swish, KoolMoves, Insane Flash Animattor, Live Motion, Rave, Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw, Xara X, Flash, ETC all can convert your JPGS to SWF.).

Once your JPGS are in SWF format yopu can use load movie to get them into your Main SWF.

Thanks!!!

Cool, but the problem is that...the Project will be send to the customer, and the instructions,( to put the imagens changed in the "folder".)
    I have to make a simple system, the costumer put the image in the folder and He cans to load it in the project easily....understand...I know its so difficult but there isnt a way.... ??????????

Flash cannot load Images that are not SWF into itself.

You would need a product like Flash Turbine standalone, which is expensive, or Generator, Which is even more expensive, to generate the SWFS on the Fly in order to do what you want. You may want to try Swift Generator (Nickname: SwiftTools) as the maker of that tool may have a lowercost solution for you?

Director can do this...

If converting the images into SWF first is not a valid option then perhaps you need to do this project in Director?

Probably the customer wouldn't realize that he is placing SWFS instead of JPegs into the folder.

Smile Thanks to clear my mind...

Johnie thank ya, Its really bad, 'cause I don't know Director well, then... I need to look for some good idea....