A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Viewing directory structure of the hard drive via flash.

Thumbs up

Does anyone have an idea how I can replicate explorer functionality via flash ?
    What I want to do is to be able to display and browse the directory structure of my hard drive and be able to select items, which should then open either within a flash viewer or use thier associated applications.
    I know I could just open windows explorer and go that way but I want to improve the look and feel of the thing within Flash for a desktop application system I am constructing.
    This would enable me to get rid of the hundreds of icons on my desktop and incorporate them within my flash stand alone application.

Cheers,
    Shawn.

put this on a get url action file:///c:

Oops I'm sorry that's in I-Explorer. You can try AF Saver or SWF Studio.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    SWF Studio (www.northcode.com) provides extra fscommands that allow you to list the available drives, list directories, list the file and dirs in a directory, etc. You can use this to build your own file system navigation tools.

These commands are implemented using a SWF Studio Plugin called FILESYS. This is an extension to SWF Studio, not browser plugin. SWF Studio produces stand-alone EXE and SCR files.

Check out the demos at http://www.northcode.com/free/ff2001 for examples of this. Specifically you'll want to check out the FileSys demo.

http://www.northcode.com/cgi-bin/dlo...01/filesys.zip

If you have any questions you can contact support@northcode.com or reply to this post.