A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: strange tweening problem

Hello,

Hopefully one of you can solve this for me. I am creating a movie clip symbol that changes from opaque to transparent. I brought a graphic symbol into my movie clip. From there I tweened it over 24 frames so that it goes from 100% alpha on frame 1 to 0% alpha on frame 24. For some reason the animation will become completely transparent by frame 20, but, will start to reappear (to approximately 2-3% alpha) at my keyframe on on frame 24. why is this? It looks terrible when I test movie. I am using a gray symbol on a gray movie background. Would that have anything to do with it? I noticed when I used different colors, for the symbol or background, it's not as pronounced, or not a problem at all.

I would appreciate you help

strange tweening problem

Originally posted by klopek
    I would try changing the background color to something other than gray just to see if that solves your problem. The symbol may actually be visible, just not viewable being that the background and the symbol are the same color.

Maybe this will help. Happy flashing!!

[/B]

tweening problem

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried different colors for both the background and the instance. It seems to work great on black. But some dark grays and other hues(some red's blues and greens) give me the same problem. The thing I thought was strange, was that it would become transparent, then a few frames later at the keyframe it would reappear.

i dont know if this applies, but i have had a few problems with alpha tweens, which i solved as follows:-

When defining the alpha values at the keyframes in the tween, dont use extreme values such as 100% and 0%, i find that using say 98% and 3% seem to work in certain situations. This may sound undesirable but the actual difference between a 100% alpha and a 98% one is very minimal and should look just as you want it to.

try this, it may have nothing to do with your problem, but i hope it helps.

0% alphas of images leave a 'ghost' on the screen. Make the last keyframe of your MC blank.

thanks for all of your help guys