A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ?

in other words: What is the html code for the "intro" if i uploaded it on another server and i want it to appear on that page?

cyberup

Hi

You really need to be more specific, what is your question exactly?

We like helping out, but you'll get better responses if you write clear, descriptive subject lines and state your question in the most complete manner.

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but you want to embed your flash movie onto a page? Go to file-> publish settings. There's an HTML tab, you can set parameters. Click the publish button. That will create an SWF and an acompanying HTML page with all the proper tags.

If you're using Dreamweaver, you can go to insert->media element->flash

nu uh.Although...close.I'm trying to put a movie on a web page that is not mine, but it has a message board(kinda like this square in which i'm typing now) where you can enter html, text and all that...after which it appears as a message(like this one) only with a movie instead of this writing.I'm asking:what is the code that i would put in the message box so the movie will appear on that page?

Note: the movie is uploaded on a different server than the one that has "the page".

is this it?

i believe the embed source is this:

=tag-here= embed src="http://www.server.com/movie.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="" height="" =tag-here=

Am i right guys? still kinda new myself...

p.s. i put =tag-here= instead of the "greater-than" "less-than" keys...maybe i shoulda put that instead? oh well..

yea, he could just publish the thing through flash, open up the published html file copy the stuff where it actually embeds the movie into the page (where the object tags are)
    and then just paste that on the forum, would be the same as what you said, but im not sure if he will be able to handle it...

kidding.
    later
    shawn

yup he got it.Ohh my god.It's soo hard to handle a copy and paste thing....lol...anyways...thanx