A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Enabling quicktime in flash

I've imported a Quicktime movie into my flash. How do i enable it so it can be viewed ? do i have to insert as movie clip or sumting like that ?And is there any actionscript to make the movie play when launching the swf ?? Please help. I've been stuck for days. Thanx
    [Edited by flashdummie on 05-15-2001 at 04:22 AM]

I had the Exact same problem 2 weeks ago. You can import quicktime, but when you export it as a .SWF nothing happens. One way of solving this is to import your quicktime into flash. Extend your timeline so that you can see every frame of your movie. Select 'Export movie' from the File menu. Export your movie as a Jpeg sequence. Open up a new flash movie, put a keyframe in frame one and import the Jpeg sequence from wherever you saved it. You should only have to import the first jpeg. Your computer should recognise that it is the first image of a sequence, and will automatically import the rest.

The only problem with this is that as soon as you export your movie as a Jpeg sequence, you lose the sound. If you can record the sound from your quicktime movie and save it as a .WAV, you can import that and put it on another layer in the same movie as your newly imported Jpegs.

Note: the images and the sound may not be completely in sync with each other, but all you have to do there is tweek the frame rate.

It worked fine with me. And the plus is that your jpeg sequence plus sound file takes up less memory than your full quicktime movie!!!!

There is another method that involves quite complex coding. I saw it a couple of weeks ago. But i cant remember where. I have been looking, so if i find it i will let you know.

I resolved it with director and FSCommand.

Is very limitated, but works good.

I supose that you need it for a stand alone player, thats why you posted it here

Create a shockwave movie with your qt video and then make it a proyector (in the options of the proyector dialog box made in to appear in a window and windowless and centered)

Then, in flash put an action with the FSCommand EXEC and inthe argument filed put the relative path of your proyecyor.

Thats all.

You will not be able to control the x y axis where the proyector appears, but the sync will be perfect and the video quality, better than jpg secuence.

If it's for web, the best way i know is like spiderman says.

Flash can import QT but when you export it can't export a SWF or projector with your QT Movie directly. You have to export as QT or as a JPGEG Sequence just like they recomended.