A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Auto RemoveMovieclip ???

Flashmaster
    Hi there,

I have a small problem with my flash site. I made in one of my parts at the site a background with different DuplicateMovieclips of paintings. But my titel is also made of DuplicatMovieclips. The problem is that flash automaticly removes some Movieclips of the paintings in de background while it duplicates the movieclips voor the title. Does somebody know how to prevent this, so that flash doesn't remove my movieclips automaticly??

Thx,
    Cyb

p.s. If u want 2c the site, here is the URL, the part with the paintings background is part 1. But all the language is Dutch http://members.home.nl/joost.verbiest/ckvmovie.html

ActionScript.org
    I'm assumign it's because you've used an unchaging depth count. When you duplicate a clip you use the syntax:

duplicateMovieClip ("target", "newName", depth);

If your depth is always the same, the newer duplicates will remove the older duplicates by default. Therefore you must use a variable depth count. At the beginning of your movie have this code:

_root.dupDepth = 1

then, for each duplication do this:

_root.dupDepth ++
    duplicateMovieClip ("target", "duplicate"+_root.dupDepth, _root.dupDepth);

This will make a newly named clip at a new depth each time, and wont overwrite your exisitng ones.

Cheers

Jesse

Flashmaster

Smile THANKS!!!

Thanks man, I didn't know that 'depth' was ment to do that :-)

Really Thanks )

Greetz,
    Cyb ;-)