A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: a way to maintain layer lables on past

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if flash 5 is capable of copying layers and pasting them while maintaining layer lables and or color indication.

m

I think if you select them all then select copy frames the layers will be copied, I honestly never pay too much attention when I copy layers, but I think it does work.

i dont know

I think iv copied and pasted a thousand layers...I never get the layer lable or color i set. Makes it hard to put your work on another root level....and maintain identification. Seems a little strange that you can't or that it doest automaticlly.

If its MC, the layer lables inside the MC stay in tact..its pasting directly on a stage that everything is lost.

Maybe someone knows different, if not its my F6 thang!!

m

I noticed this as soon as i started playing with flash 5 and was most annoyed as this was a feature in flash 4 that i really enjoyed and it sped up my work flow immensly.

I rang macromedia support and was told they had removed this feature from flash 5. more like they were too f**king lazy to include it i figured. i was told if i would like it brought back i should go to the flash wishlist at macromedia's site and tell them.