A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: $@!%@!!Buttons within Rollover Button Keeps flickering

I need help desperately with this rollover. I have buttons within the rollover but the whole thing keep flickering and flashing incessantly. I've tried so many approaches can anybody help. I'll email you the fla to check it out

thanks in advance.

send it my way and I will take a look at it the address is foofactor@mail.com Also before you send the file just make sure you defined a big enough hit state for the button or you might encounter this problem but if you have already done this then send the file and I will look at it.
    [Edited by daflash on 08-08-2000 at 05:39 PM]

I did make large enough hit states, so I'm sending you the fla.

grazie

I am taking a look at it right now

ok I found your problem and it lies in the fact that when you rollover the various buttons it goes back to the main button and just repeats itself over and over again. I will have to modify your movie abit to get it to work correctly so let me know if this is ok and I will go ahead and do it.

hello daflash..im not sure if this is the right way to post this but im not sure any other way to get your attention. looking through some of your posts that i have come across on the boards, you seem like a very helpful addition to the boards. im having a small problem with alignment in my movie, and i was wondering if i could send the .fla if youre not busy and you could take a look at it?
    thanks in advance

-david-

what exactly is the problem and I or someone else might be able to fix it here.

be my guest, edit away, I'm very thankful.

t

tonya, sorry to interupt...

daflash..ok heres the problem. my movies dimensions are 640x480 and i have designed to the edges of the stage. when i preview the movie inside of flash (cntrl + enter)i see a 1" white border around the movie. but when i export it to .swf it looks fine while it is un-maximized. but once you maximize the movie to full screen the 1" white border shows up again. thanks alot

you can get the file at http://www.dconline2000.net/newsite.fla

I fixed it up and sending it back to you tell me if it is ok with you.

tonya my regular email client is not working so I will be sending you the file via hotmail under the subject "fixed fla" and david I will be getting to your question as soon as I finish this so hold on.

not a problem..take all the time you need. thanks alot, and sorry again tonya.

no problem

I've got the file but I need explanation. I'm trying to understand why you took this approach. I'm going to have a whole menu bar with these.

I did it this way because it was simple and it works. I am not sure what the problem would be if you have alot of menu buttons as this approach will work for them all.

hey daflash..you still gonna be able to help me out with my prob when you have the time? thanks alot

david

I answered your question in another thread titled To david from daflash just look for that thread.

umm. i think ive experienced tonyas problem before. i dont think u had to go through all that rouble. see what happens is this. ok when u drag an instnace of the button out on the main timeline. you have to make sure that when u double click it. its behavior is button and not movie or grapphic. cause if it is then itll flicker.

It does not really matter I fixed it anyway. by the way it had nothing to do with it being a graphic or a button it was more to the matter of the actions she had on the button and when she moused over it the smaller buttons were acting as reset points which when moved over would start the flickering.

I used part of your approach and the go to label and it worked thank you.