dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: buttons in movieclips?

Thumbs up

hi,
    i put buttons in a movieclip add to the button unload movieclip & load movieclip, but this dont work. give them instance name...i think itried all logical&unlogical. i just want to unload the mc and replace it tru a new .swf. but if i put the button into a mc it f***** not work. outside it worx. and how to unload a complete movie?
    please help!

resolved relax...

hey,

load the movie into a level. This helps you to maintain an overview. So if you've loaded the movie into _level1 just load the other movie into _level1 and it'll replace the one that was loaded first. If you don't want to load another movie into the level than use the "unloadMovie" action. Simple; just note which movie goes where and you'll always be able to address it. If you've placed a movieclip in the movie that was loaded and you want to address that use: _level1.myMC

And make sure you name all the movieclips and variables (dynamic/input textfields)that you want to address!

Good luck, cYa!

Originally posted by mad crack e
    hi,
    i put buttons in a movieclip add to the button unload movieclip & load movieclip, but this dont work. give them instance name...i think itried all logical&unlogical. i just want to unload the mc and replace it tru a new .swf. but if i put the button into a mc it f***** not work. outside it worx. and how to unload a complete movie?
    please help!
    thanx alot 2 ivo!!!
    but can i tell that level1 where it should display (x/y)? and in which field i can write that _level1.myMC? so i did what ya tell me but the prob is that i cant coordinate where it place. is there cure? i thank u so much for your help man!!!

seejah

If you can change it's position? Ofcourse. A good tip however is: if you construct your site out of different movies, each with a specific place, than make the movies all the same size and position the elements according to the place they'll have in the root movie. If you make a linedrawing with the layout you can use that to match the position in all the movies.

If you want to set the position trough actionscript use:
    _level1.myMC._y= "{value}";
    this sets the y-position but you can also set the x-position (_level1.myMC._x="" or the alpha transparency (_alpha)
    you can find these properties in the "actions"-panel.

Better?

Smile

yo ivo,
    mmmuuuuuuuccccchhhaaaasss graaaaacccciiiiiaaaaaasssssss!
    thanx alot man!!!
    i tried it first with that targetstuff ->mc, but out of a mc it do not work....whatever,...
    it worx now in that levelway &_y="", yeah! anyway i learned alot, too.

thank you

seejah