A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AVI export

Hi,

Can anyone point me to a rescource explaining exactly what will and won't work in AVI and QT export. For reason I don't understand the duplicatemovieclip command won't work. Neither will any of my tell target commands. I need to know if this just isn't going to work or if i am doing something wrong. It dosen't evenwork when you export a sequesnce of images.

Help?

Tim Winters

IN AVI export I believe you loose all actions. With QT export (It exports as QT 3 BTW) I assume you loose the same. If you want to make a MOV file just use QT 5 Pro (Its 29.99) to import your Flash 4 or under SWF as a Flash track and you won't loose any of your actions. I find that importing the SWF into QT rather than Exporting QT from Flash works better.

Hi Johnie,

Thanks for the reply.

Got QT 5 Pro. It's still not working. All my tell target actions don't work nor does my duplicateMovieClip script.

I tried publishing it for both Flash 4 and 5. I also tried changing the syntax from dot to slash.

This is getting very frustrating!!!!

Help???

Thanks,

Tim Winters

Whoa!!!

This is starting to get over my head. Are you saying I have to rescript using QT scripting to get this to work?

Remind me to suggest to Macromedia to pretend they never heard of Quicktime in the next release if its only use is to produce linear movies.

I heard there was also a way to exporting to QT via importing the SWF into director and exporting the director output to QT. I read this somewhere but the directoins were complex and I don;t remember the steps.

Thanks for the speedy reply Johnie.

Tim Winters