A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: To Swift 3d, or not to Swift 3d?

Hey I've heard a ton of rumors that Swift 3d, “it the greatest” and I've heard a lot saying “it stinks”. Im kind of new with all this 3d rendering stuff, will it be to hard for me to learn? Does it run well? Is it worth it? Thanks for you time and help.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Ok first off, I think its a great program, its the only one that you can model in. The others will not model.

If you are new to 3D you have an advantage, You have to learn anyway so you will learn the Swift 3D way. You will need to get a better modeling environment but you can start here.

Is it a perfect program? No, like all programs it has its short comings but they are few compared to the great leeps it makes in creating 3D for Flash, Before this everything was hand animated or hand traced. It saves alot of time. the people who complain didn't even try and do 3D in Flash before the tools such as Swift came out becasue is was so difficult. Is it worth $149? how bad do you want to create 3D? Value is depedent on the desire to do. I have it and love it. I would spend it again twice. Regards, Bill

Thank you Pope for your time, I think I'll get it.