A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button not responding to actions assigned. Help Please!!

Hello everyone. Here is the problem I am experiencing:

I have a button, which is inside of a movie clip. Let's call that movie clip "one". Well the movie clip "one" is inside of another movie clip called "two". My question is, I can't remember if you can have a button inside of a movie clip which is inside of another movie clip. Obviously, it works, cause the buttons turn colors when the mouse goes over them like I made them, but when I assigned an action to that button - like the following, nothing happened:

on (release) {
    gotoAndStop (80);
    }

I first had it going to another scene but that didn't work. Now I tried this and nothing happens when you click the button. Am I doing something wrong? Please help, this is a school project and I am stuck on this. Thank-you!

Hi...here's the easiest way...Go to the frame you want to go to...in the scene you want to go to... and put a "label".

Then on your button in your movieClip, put this action:

on (release) {
    _root.gotoAndStop("yourLabel");
    }

You can enter this action in the Expert Mode in the Actions Panel............. or to enter this in the Normal Mode in the Actions Panel, scroll down to Objects>MovieClip>gotoAndStop (or gotoAndPlay)......... DoubleClick and it automatically puts the on(release) part of the code.

Then in the Expression box, type the path in front of the dot (in this case, _root). Where it asks for the frame, put in your "label".............be sure to put quotes around it.

Hope this helps....

-pigghost-