A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Arrgh, hard to explain?

Im trying to make a menu system

In one part of it, i want to have a line of cubes. When a cube is rolled over, it shoots up, and a slighty transparent version of the cube remains.
    When the first cube shoots up, i want it to display what the menu item is, and when u roll off the more transparent cube on the bottom, the cube that has shot up will fall back into place on top of the more transparent one, and when u click on the more transparent one, it will continue on with the menu system and go to the menu item etc etc.......Hard to explain, but yeh, im having some troubles

Im a total newbie to actionscripting of any sort, so this is whats happening when i tried

the cube shoots off fine, but instead of staying at the top where it should be, it keeps playing over and over...i have tried as much stuff as i can (liek putting in a stop), but it never works, or some other problem arises.

can u give me a rough over view of what i need to do it make it work? or.....tell me exactly what i need to do

Where is your stop action? Is the cube in a Movie Clip? What's the script on your button? I know it might be hard to explain, but these questions should help you explain your problem better. Try to include the script on your buttons so we can help you fix it. Also, is this uploaded on the web? If so, maybe you could include the URL so we can take a look at it.

Ah ok

Is there some way i can post u the *.fla or someething flipside?

I have made it work, but i think ive done it in a really bad way. On the main movie scene, there is 1 frame. In this frame is a movie of the button, or in this case, a cube. There is a stop on the first frame of the movie. On roll over, it plays the tween of it shooting up. On roll out, i have said for it to goto a frame in a certain tween, in which the cube movies down again. So this means, i have a tween, with every frame inside it, a key frame, saying on roll out, goto a frame corresponding to that, if it was moving down...Arrgh, i think i need to get a book or something to help me hehe.