A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating a Business Card CD! - Serious Advice Needed

resolved

The content is not important, so I will make this brief. I am creating a presentation for end-use as a CD Business Card. I can do everything I need in Flash, except there is one major problem...

:: THE CLIENT MUST have a 2 MINUTE VIDEO on the CD ::

Thus the dillemna. I don't want to create the whole thing in Director, but can I use Director effectively some how? Are there any creative solutions out there? I am planning on turning to 3rd party ware as a last resort, but I kinda need to know the info in these early stages. Thank you for even reading this far, and please help.

GRIZ

You could look into using Quicktime Pro to render out as a Jpeg Sequence and than putting it into an .SWF, and loading this from the main .SWF.
    Just a suggestion.

will it work

What would the quality be like for JPEG images though? I need pretty good quality. QTIME was enough sacrifice. Any other suggestions?

GRIZ

One option is here at http://www.swideo.com/
    This is a video-to-swf converter which would allow you to play your video directly in your movie.

Another option is NorthCode's SWFStudio which will allow you to play your movies inside a custom projector without conversion. http://www.northcode.com

Another option is FlashAnts which allows true playback of nearly any video format directly inside the native Flash projector. http://www.flashants.com

Hope this helps.

Jabez
    [Edited by JabezStone on 05-25-2001 at 08:49 AM]

Try getting hold of a copy of vid2flash. Do a search on google. It only costs about $35 and is instantly downloadable. The quality is very good too. It will bump up the file size because it converts the video into individual frames and you will have to position each frame seperately, but try the free download first.

Good luck

why not use director to run the video and launch the flash exe from there?

or embed the flash movie in a web page, use your autorun to do that, and play the video in a browser window.

worst case scenario -import the swf into director have a 2 frame movie on that contains the video, the other the flash movie and play it from within director (not good)

Iain

Lightbulb Good Ideas

I like that last idea of creating the video in Director and then telling it to start the Flash EXE when done. Can someone more knowledged in Director tell me how I can launch the Flash EXE? Will it come up in another window? Can I do the reverse, and tell Flash to Launch a Director EXE file? Thank you all for such great help.

Griz