A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML editor for Mac?

I'm using arachnophilia on my PC and I have come to love it so much I can't stand Dreamweaver editor and other WYSIWGs. Unfortulantely, I'm moving to Mac and there is no arach version. Any suggestions on a good editor?

would something like BBedit work for ya???...

mark

Yeah...I pretty much agree with Platy. BBEdit is a pretty damn good program, kinda sucks that they don't have a PC version. Notepad still kicks ass though!

Thanks for the tips. Any idea where to look for Bbedit and Notepad and how much they can cost? Arach was careware so I'm not looking for anything expensive but than I have come to spend quite some time working with editor that I might invest in something really good.

A solution

Give me your mail i send to you a patch
    for dreamweaver 3 demo for mac

Originally posted by NeoStealth Xero
    Yeah...I pretty much agree with Platy. BBEdit is a pretty damn good program, kinda sucks that they don't have a PC version. Notepad still kicks ass though!
    Except that there's ColdFusion studio, which is a kickass prog. (AKA Home Site)

Thank you Sniff but no thank you. For one I don't like Dreamweaver. It's MM's baby so I'll be gentle here. How the guys could f*** up the editor so bad?!!? Don't they know how to make a decent job The other thing is the patch. Sniff, don't you feel on your shoulders the weight of the looks of all the guys thinking about how to protect their swf's when they hear it? I don't want to protect my work just to lift someone elses.

But this Cold fusion thing, where do you get it? Is it freeware or something?

Originally posted by graal
    But this Cold fusion thing, where do you get it? Is it freeware or something?
    Sorry, I should have made it clearer that I was responding to the mention that BBEdit was not available for the PC. CF Studio is a PC only program, so it wouldn't do you a whole lot of good unless you wanted to use an emulator.

When I'm on a Mac, I use BBEdit and miss CF Studio.

It's available from Allaire (http://www.allaire.com), and unless you're doing Cold Fusion development, just get Home Site. It's the same program with a few pieces of purely CF functionality taken out, and it's a whole bunch cheaper.

FK Slacker
    Hi...

Check out BBEdit at

http://www.barebones.com/

It's by far the best html editor for the Mac.

Cheers,

K.