A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swish+Flash Intro (Pls ignor the previous thread)

Hi there

Just finished an intro page for a student-tutor media company. Not sure whether it can deliver the theme. Any suggestions are welcome. (there is no link on the page and if you are asked to download font, you can just say 'no').

http://super-kitchen.com/tutor/

Thanks

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar
    Originally posted by futop
    Hi there

Just finished an intro page for a student-tutor media company. Not sure whether it can deliver the theme. Any suggestions are welcome. (there is no link on the page and if you are asked to download font, you can just say 'no').

http://super-kitchen.com/tutor/

Thanks
    well, sorry, that link would not load for me (cable) either

UNified
    Loaded fine on cable. Like you I'm questioning the animation and cant make my mind up.
    The screen looks fantastic and I wonder if the animated Stick man could be replaced by some real inventive work on the images..The images are more than suitable and lend themselves to box transfer, on/off, fade in, swap locations, etc etc. Also dont be afraid to just use blocks of colour.
    Check your line work..really picky I know but some edges are not meeting and some lines are ending with a THICK bit on their ends. You do images well..I would go with that.
    Jofta

BTW you can delete your previous thread..as the one that generated it its your option.

Good morning Jofta,

Thanks a lot for your valuable opinion.

I have to admit that I did notice there are problems with my line works. Just because I am not sure my client will take this idea of presentation or not, so I just leave the problem there for the time being. Thanks for your reminder anyway.

BTW, What is the meaning of 'real inventive work on the images' as suggested by you? I didn't really catch the meaning?

Cheers

There are so many fonts (dingbats) and graphics available that there is a wide variety of things to use. I think that is what Jofta was refering to. Nice work, but your last one was excellent as well. If going to present to a client don't put anything off. Your first impression is what he will remember most for the rest of your association. Take the time to show him you respect his business or he will likely take his business to someone who takes him seriously. Just my 2 cents.

Doug,

Your opinion on my approach to customer is really constructive. I will take yours and Jofta's advices and redo the line works before presenting to client.

Thanks again

UNified
    Originally posted by futop
    Good morning Jofta,

Thanks a lot for your valuable opinion.

I have to admit that I did notice there are problems with my line works. Just because I am not sure my client will take this idea of presentation or not, so I just leave the problem there for the time being. Thanks for your reminder anyway.

BTW, What is the meaning of 'real inventive work on the images' as suggested by you? I didn't really catch the meaning?

Cheers

Simply saying that you have handled Images really well on both of the sites Ive seen. clean well produced, good quality and tastfull...you have a knack for presenting them well.
    Good luck with it.

I think you'll find a stronger reception. I have found over the years (lots of them I'm afraid, lol)that if I treat a customer the way I EXPECT to be treated, the entire relationship either ends immediately or grows stronger. And it really doesn't take that much longer. Especially with a terrific bunch of people on this forum willing to proof-read and critique your work. Always make your presentation satisfy yourself and you'll seldom go wrong. Good luck.