A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3Dmax files importing in Swift without textures

3Dmax files importing in Swift without textures..
    why is that?

I just wanna a simple wireframe animation of a sphere but it isn't really posibble is it?

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Swift is a vector renderer and does not support bitmap textures. I have asked for support of the wireframe material type. Perhaps in V2.0.

Your animation is possible, you just have to create the lat/lon lines with geometry in MAX or fake it in flash (or a combination of the two).

good luck!

There have been a lot of requests for showing the hidden lines when exporting outlines only or entire mesh. This is a likely addition to version 2.

I assume you probably already know this, but just in case you don't, you can export outlines and mesh only, but you don't get the lines in back. To do this, uncheck the fill objects box in the export window.

I just tried exporting a spinning sphere as a mesh and the effect is pretty good when played back in Flash.

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Yes, thanks - I use it often. http://www.2112fx.com/creature1.html, for example.

This might be a reasonable compromise for his sphere - unless he really wants the effect of a 2-sided wireframe.

thanks again.

one question...

do you mind telling me how you did the wireframe to solid blend animation? now that is cool. I may have to *steal* that idea.

Originally posted by theMatrix
    Yes, thanks - I use it often. http://www.2112fx.com/creature1.html, for example.

This might be a reasonable compromise for his sphere - unless he really wants the effect of a 2-sided wireframe.

thanks again.

Sorry Matrix,
    That response was intended for Glorix Jim. I am pretty sure that there is nothing I could tell you about Swift 3D that you don't already know

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

No problem - I didn't take it that way. I do not believe one ever makes it to a point where there is nothing to learn about a product. I'm sure I have plenty to learn about Swift 3D and am looking forward to learning it.

thanks!

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

gerbick:

Two layers in flash - one with wireframe one with mesh shading. Mesh-shaded layer on top. Make sure the two renders are from the exact same object at the exact same orientation. Overlay the positions in flash.

Start the mesh-shaded symbol at 0 opacity, the other at 100%. Tween opacity of each symbol to the opposite extreme to create the blend effect.

good luck!