A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: keypress delay on first hit

Perhaps it has something to do with your "looped buttons".. I am not exactly sure what you mean by that.. as buttons will continue to respond to key input so long as they are present.. I have not found a need to "loop" keypress buttons..

Other than that.. there could be any number of reasons for a delay in the playback. I have some experience with keypress-driven games, having just written a Tetris clone in Flash, so I would be happy to take a look at the FLA if you would like. Perhaps then I could be of more help.

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000205.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=50 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Question

thanks, perhaps I ought to try no loops. this may just be a hang over from f3, as the zipped fla is still 2meg i'll save you the pleasure of that mail.

thanks

Question

HI,
    my problem is that in most of my games where continuous sensing of looped button (to provide the key input) is used, the initial key press provides a frame of movement.... followed by a pause, then smooth flowing motion .I've tried a few angles to eliminate this ... no joy.
    TIA.
    (btw flashzone R.I.P.)