dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to start smoking - need help

not your average sock puppet finnegan's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hi

I am trying to start smoking but I just can't. I hack and cough and wheeze. This doesn't seem to happen to other smokers as intensely as it does to me.

Smoking is sooooooo cool. I desperately want to look cool, just like the shiny, happy people in the magazine ads, but it's just not happening for me. I tried applying nicotine patches all over my body, but they lack the necessary cool factor (pretty good nic buzz though).

I also have a desire to litter. I don't of course, but I noticed that smokers (actually most people) don't consider cigarette butts to be litter. Smoking would also satisfy this urge.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Señor member
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Hi

I am trying to start smoking but I just can't. I hack and cough and wheeze. This doesn't seem to happen to other smokers as intensely as it does to me.

Smoking is sooooooo cool. I desperately want to look cool, just like the shiny, happy people in the magazine ads, but it's just not happening for me. I tried applying nicotine patches all over my body, but they lack the necessary cool factor (pretty good nic buzz though).

I also have a desire to litter. I don't of course, but I noticed that smokers (actually most people) don't consider cigarette butts to be litter. Smoking would also satisfy this urge.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

You should start on a "lighter" cigarette before moving onto the truly cool "cowboy" cigs such as Marlboro reds....

I feel the flames licking at the door with this thread though.......

ask enignmas left testicle, He'd give it to you for a cigarette (I mean, you can't smoke em)

Señor member
    Not that I'm encouraging the younger FK members to look cool by smoking though. It's bad for you, expensive etc...

9th Grade WC
    i hope this post was meant to be sarcastic
    since smokers have got to be the biggest <mod edit>removed, learn some acceptable language</mod edit> there are
    them and thieves and murderers, etc.
    [Edited by david petley on 05-28-2001 at 10:38 PM]

Ya

Ya, I got a suggestion...DON'T DO IT. If you ask any smoker (ANY SMOKER) that has been smoker for more then, lets say, 3 years they will all say (or MOST) say that they wish they'd never start. Trust me, it doesn't make you look any cooler, it won't put you into the "cool" group of people at school, and it would be the stupidest decision you would've ever made in your life. And you'll regret it for the rest of it too. My mom has been smoking for 31 years now, and she has lung and throat cancer, she can't stop her legs and hands from moving, she has wrinkles all over her body (or all of what is shown anyway). After 31 years she finally wants to quit, however she's been smoking for the last 31 years so it is nearly impossible for her to do it. The doctors say my mom will die within 2 years. So basically what I'm saying is it is NOT worth, not only for yourself but for others to. And taking away the effects of smoking look at your budget. $5-$50 bucks a month, thats like $600 bucks in ONE YEAR alone, imagine how much money you would spend for smoking for 31 years. It won't make you any cooler, it won't make your perseption of yourself be any different, except for the effects that you may think won't happen, and even after you start smoking you may think that if it would happen that it should've already right, WRONG. The effects of smoking DOES NOT happen over night. Save yourself the greif and DON'T DO IT!

Señor member
    Originally posted by D4Demon
    since smokers have got to be the biggest <removed> there are
    I took it to be a bit of lighthearted humour (if not ill-advised) and replied as such. There's no need to blow a gasket about it though. To compare smokers to murderers and thieves is a bit daft.
    [Edited by david petley on 05-28-2001 at 10:39 PM]

He's just joking because there have been about 5 or 10 threads on smoking in the past week!!

Some kerosene and a match should start you smoking right quick. Good luck!

and again people can make post like this giving off the idea to young kids that its ok to smoke.

but I make one post with the work sl*t in it and it gets closed.

Originally posted by CNO
    Some kerosene and a match should start you smoking right quick. Good luck!

I perused the magazine ads again and they are all conspicuously devoid of people running around in flaming clothing. I have since concluded that self-immolation is not 'in' and therefore not cool. However, as a last resort, I may use the kerosene strategy as a protest against the tobacco companies for their use of cigarette ingredients that make me cough.

Thanks for the advice!

FK Robot Wrangler

Originally posted by shagg
    and again people can make post like this giving off the idea to young kids that its ok to smoke.

but I make one post with the work sl*t in it and it gets closed.

i know, right? i wrote "kick-@ss" ONE TIME in a site check post while praising a truly cool job, and i got an email from a mod telling me that i'd be banned if i did it again!!! i was shocked... i see much more salty language than that all over the boards. i'm sorry, but editing swear words with *asterisks** isn't any better in my book.

my advice to someone who wants to start smoking but can't is to start garnishing all your food with ashes. that'll get your cravings started.

9th Grade WC
    Originally posted by jamble7000
    Originally posted by D4Demon
    since smokers have got to be the biggest <edited> there are
    I took it to be a bit of lighthearted humour (if not ill-advised) and replied as such. There's no need to blow a gasket about it though. To compare smokers to murderers and thieves is a bit daft.
    i can't believe that <mod edit>it has now </mod edit>didn't get censored out
    i didn't blow a gasket
    but smokers are idiots
    causing ill health for everyone around them
    [Edited by david petley on 05-28-2001 at 10:36 PM]

FK Official Postman
    Well said. Smokers steal the lives of people around them.

Enough already!

OK folks...

For those who didn't get it - http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=satire

I don't smoke and never will.

On the subject of smoking and cancer, check this thread: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=151160

My apologies to all who started smoking because of what I said.

Those people in the booze ads look pretty cool though...

Yeah, Right Let's kill all smokers

Yeah, Right Let's kill all smokers!

I smoke and its my right.

It seems the mods don't enjoy the word Dicehead, lol

FK Robot Wrangler

Originally posted by killabry
    It seems the mods don't enjoy the word Dicehead, lol

LOL! is there a list of innapropriate words for FK?

possibly ban-able words and phrases:

knucklehead
    chowderhead
    i'll murderize you!!!
    mmm!!! i resemble that remark!!!

pg-13 is immature and will get you banneded around here.

So lets keep it pg by making post about sharing are pissed drunkin experiences and trying to start smoking posts.

??