A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: //Subway just a modest one...

http://www15.brinkster.com/lazarus741/subway/

Ok, a couple things I'd like to have advice about...
    -How much do you think I could charge... I had in mind maybe 100-200 US$ per site, but I really have NO idea about this issue.
    -Where do I go from now? I was thinking about maybe creating an intro to my site, and adding it to search engines; anything else?
    -I haven't done any paid work yet, should i give away a couple free websites?
    -Well...in general what did you think about the site ?

Thanks in advance,
    Lazarus

pah - to site check you!

Well actually I don't think this is aimed at site check...did you read this?
    ----------------------------
    -How much do you think I could charge... I had in mind maybe 100-200 US$ per site, but I really have NO idea about this issue.
    -Where do I go from now? I was thinking about maybe creating an intro to my site, and adding it to search engines; anything else?
    -I haven't done any paid work yet, should i give away a couple free websites?
    -Well...in general what did you think about the site ?
    ---------------------------
    Only the last question might be more suitable in site check IMO. that's why I came here.

dude - chill!

I dont freelance so I cant comment on pricing etc - or i wouldve sory for any offence

Absolutely no offence taken whatsoever

c'mon people...any advice to share?

Designer in Your Headlights Juels's Avatar
    How much you charge depends on how big the site is,
    but 100-200 US$ per site! that price is soooo low its biting at my ankles!!

Maybe 100-200 US$ per page! Don't under esitmate yourself, your work is good!

Try to get as much as you can, without scaring the client off!

Maybe reduce a little bit to get your first few clients on your portfolio, but don't give away for free!

Anyway, I hope i've helped!

Juels

Never give it away for free!! (Unless you are getting some huge amount of free advertising in return) ... If you start off acting like you need their help, they will try and use that free work precedent forever.

As for the cost, not sure about US prices, but thats WAY cheap for UK prices. A simple smallish website with NO clever stuff .... hmmm about 2,000 - 5,000 UKP.

(When I wasn't working for myself my company used to charge 20k just to write the specification document!!)

thanks a lot for the valuable advice you guys are great. I guess I'll go on and start out real cheap (well, maybe a little more expensively than I first figured it out...) and then work up the ladder.

Wichser
    oh our member moderator and flash king subway might like that

nice site but why do you have to charge for a design company? can't they make their own site? or what was the deal 4 real....but yeah I'd go about cheap if it is one of your first products (nice job!), maybe 30-40 dollas / hour...is that way off?

i always like to charge per hour. sooo....!?

aloha
    iCEBERG

yeah...he already noticed in one of my previous threads in Flash site check And the worst is we're both in switzerland...anyway, I'm not getting any clients, so there's no competition...yet...

quote:
    nice site but why do you have to charge for a design company? can't they make their own site? or what was the deal 4 real...

Well, I probably didn't make it clear, this is my own site, I made it for my own design company, so I don't think I'll charge myself for it

Thanks,
    Lazarus