dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Changing the tab order of text boxes

Resident Hermit
    Hi all

I've made a simple form in Flash, consisting of a few editable text boxes. Trouble is, the tab key doesn't move the cursor from one box to the next - it highlights various objects on the page in no particular order. Is there a way to change the tab order of text fields? Also, is there a way to prevent other symbols on the page (such as buttons) from highlighting when the tab key is pressed?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by MPower
    Hi all

I've made a simple form in Flash, consisting of a few editable text boxes. Trouble is, the tab key doesn't move the cursor from one box to the next - it highlights various objects on the page in no particular order. Is there a way to change the tab order of text fields? Also, is there a way to prevent other symbols on the page (such as buttons) from highlighting when the tab key is pressed?

Thanks in advance.
    does this help at all?
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/In...69/index.shtml

Awesome..

It's those little things that can drive us up the wall until a solution is found.

I have a little prob like that too if anyone can help:

I'm having a problem with printing a .swf file from a browser--graphic symbols with a translucent alpha tint that are in the file are not keeping their opacity when printed. When it prints, the opacity prints solid black, not true to screen or to the graphic opacity.

Any ideas anyone?

Resident Hermit
    daldaforce:

Thanks a lot! This is the only time I didn't search for a tutorial because every other time I've tried there hasn't been one to suit my needs. I've learnt my lesson :-)

[Edited by MPower on 05-31-2001 at 07:59 AM]

The tab order actionscript works like magic, thanks a bunch guys!!