A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Corrupt file crashing Flash 4 ??

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

try increasing your memory. Could be the problem. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

cj

Wow!! or Whew? scary stuff.

Similar siuation has occurred here. I'm using a 9600 series mac os 7.6.1 192 mb ram.

During the creation of our movie, through normal testing, everything worked 'exactly as designed'. Then.. all of a sudden WHAMO!.. while attempting to test movie, we got the first 'out of memory message'.

From then on, every action, or I should say, every attempt to create an action, caused an 'out of memory' message.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, we had saved the .fla prior to 'test movie'. Then closed the file, attempted to reopen, immediate "out of memory message". Closed file and program. Allotted more memory to flash.. saved as..etc

(just in case) rebooted vs restart program. Same nonsense. 'Out of memory' message as soon as file opens. Cannot do anything.. and I really mean anything, without an 'out of memory' message. So, yup looks like rework to me.. Unless, we can manage to get what macromedia acknowledges as a "memory and template update" fix for mac to download, without getting a "file has been corrupted or may not be a valid archive–Do you wish to continue?" message.

Have you tried this so called fix: "Flash4.0a Updater English"

I have had zero response from Macromedia..kinda frustrating.

percy

Hi All,

I am working on a Flash file for a client and when I was almost finished with the movie, all of a sudden,
    whenever I tried to export the file as a SWF file, Flash 4 crashed. I tried again. It crashed. Everytime it
    crashes. No exceptions. I thought it may be the last audio file I imported was corrupt (although it played back
    fine) so I deleted that file and tried to resave and re-export - that didn't work either.

I exported this same file probably a hundred times before, and i never had a problem and then all of a
    sudden, something happened and since then, it just crashes Flash. I should also mention that I am working
    on a Mac G3.

I tried to make a copy of the file and open the copy and export it...it still crashed. If I can't figure out what is
    going on pretty soon, I am going to have to get to work re-creating this file - which means re-doing about 40
    hours of work!

Can someone please help? Any advice or suggestion is much appreciated!

Desperately hoping,
    -cj-

You should benefit from the 4.0a update. I was having the same sort of problem before and the update fixed that. No more bs out of memory crashes.