A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf studio, ***********, etc question...

i've been looking around for programs that can extend the functionality of flash projectors, and it seems like there are some really good ones, but i need something that can perform well across multiple platforms... bare minimum Mac's and PC's, preferably linux/unix as well...

so is there anything like this for platforms other than windows?

I think that SWF Studio kicks butt, unfortunatly it can only create a exe I think.

Originally posted by traden24
    I think that SWF Studio kicks butt, unfortunatly it can only create a exe I think.
    I think SWF Studio is what I need to play videos from my Flash movies but I am having a difficult time learning how to use the program. Does anyone know of any tutorials??

Gracci,

B

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    I know the documentation is still weak but I'm hoping to have some "getting started" style tutorials available soon. I'll be getting some assistance with the tutorials so I can continue to focus on support issues and new features. If there's anything I can do to help immediately, send email to support@northcode.com and I'll do whatever I can for you.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    You can find a few screen saver tools that are cross platform (PC,MAC) but to the best of my knowledge there are NO third party projector tools for the MAC yet.

You can watch these Macromedia links for new additions

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ites.htm#tools
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...reensavers.htm

But johnie has a more comprehensive list of even more products, with reviews, at koolmovers.com

http://www.koolmovers.com/reviews.php

yeah swf studio looks pretty damn sweet, But most of my projects go through the shop i work at and it's run by a bunch of mac purists, so even though a project may be completely targeted at pc users, it's still gotta run on a mac or it doesn't get out the door.... ugh... if only applescript was a little bit better that would solve about 90% of my problems.... oh well... thanks!

Originally posted by Northcode
    I know the documentation is still weak but I'm hoping to have some "getting started" style tutorials available soon. I'll be getting some assistance with the tutorials so I can continue to focus on support issues and new features. If there's anything I can do to help immediately, send email to support@northcode.com and I'll do whatever I can for you.
    thanks.

i will follow up with support.

cheers,

b

As far as I know there are no Mac projector tools. Mac projectors can however be enhanced with applescripts (which can be accesed by FS Command Exec) which is probably why there is not a market for Mac tools.

The Bad news is that regardless of what you do you will have to make 2 files for a cross platform CD. The PC projector is an EXE and the Mac projector is a HQX which all Mac purist know must have resources allocated to it (It is a security thing on Macs- the HQX has the resources split from it so that mac users can safely download as many HQX's as they want and they won't do anything until they want).