A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: variables passed from clip to clip to asp

Question

This will take some digesting, so bear with me.

I have a multi level app wher all of my variables live in _level0. I am managing shifts in similar content across these variables, so they are grouped into their own movie clips.

These values are used throughout the app and are ever changing through asp. I am handleing the changes through a traditional dialogue box. For example if I am dealing with transactions that are related to item a I call the variables from _level0/itema:framelabel
    (I am calling the variables from a frame action, that is why the syntax is the way it is. ) In the frame i have a=1, b=2...

The dialogue box needs to get the variables from the frame in the movie clip on _level0.

I am wondering if I write an expresion that is variables and make it equal to string variable_framename_eq "a=1&b=2&c=3" then call the expresiion from _level7/transaction setvar variables (exp) = eval(_level0/itema/variables) would it be the same as setting each individual variable for example set var a=_level0/itema/:a

I hope that was clear enough any help would be greatly appreciated.

allen

Take another shot at explaining this one. I'm not really sure why you are using a label name. Explain the functionality you're after and maybe post a link to the file with some notes in it...

Thumbs up

I have figured it out. What i was trying to do was make a mass of spaghetti code work. I took two hours to really organize the process i was able to reduce the code to much simpler functions.

i will work on better explanations in the future, unfortunately with most of our apps that are in development, we can't post fla's because of non disclosure agreements with clients.

allen