A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound object messing up preloader

Hi, I've got a problem which probably has no solution, but here goes :

In the library I have selected several sounds to be exported with an identifier. However, flash loads these sounds in frame 1.

Currently I have a bytes loaded/total bytes preloader in the first frame, but it starts after the sound is loaded, so now it begins at 32kb and then goed on. So you dont see anything (but the background) until the sound is loaded. That sux, anybody got an idea how I could get flash to load the sounds last ? Or maybe another solution that will work better ?

Senior Moderator
    Check out my tutorial on how to solve this problem:

http://www.flashguru.co.uk/tutorials/attachsound.htm

Thanx for your help, but as it is I wasnt able to get it working correctly. I thought maybe the movie wasnt loaded correctly so I loaded it into level 0, and it replaced my main movie, at least... I think it did, cuz nothing happened anymore. Then I put it back to level 1. But no matter what I do, I cant get it to play. A loaded movie doesnt show up in the graphs does it ?

I gotmit to work!

Never mind me, i'm an idiot. I changed the name of the function (i want 2 funcitons, oone for music and one for sound fx) but I forgot to change the code in the loadmovie part. Thanks for your help, you rock big time!