A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How??

resolved

Ok, in Flash 5, one of the samples is this Eggplant thing. I want to know how to do that, I tried a bunch of things, but nothing works quite right.. could someone help me out?

Funky Dutch Cactus
    what exactly do you want to do?

I want to make a thing like it that you can drag and drop things on to something else... basically, my problem is I want to be able to drag and drop stuff, but I dont know how to do that.

FK Board Loser
    I suggest you go to your Flash application and start it.. go to window/commen libraries/learning interaction and find the one that is called drag and drop.

Best of luck to you, and make sure you check the tutorials and the movies section for samples

Ok, what do I do with the drag & drop thing??? I found it... now what?

fairly simples question

what you basically want to do is make a button over ur mc (if your a true newbie than let it be known that mc is movie clip) and for the buttons actions make the on press operation a start drag "ur mc" and if its an mc from a differnet source than correct the paths, then for ur on release state make the action a stop drag and then ur mc..

http://www.insomniacproductions.com/tutorial

check the tutorialdandd

ummm.... I tried that, and it isn't doing anything... not a thing... and the tutorial that you told me to go to is only... about 20 words long... that doesn't help me. I need specifics. If anyone is willing to teach me how to use flash, a tutor (via ICQ/MSN Messanger) or anything would be great... these tutorial aren't helping me... I need a person!

actually you havent been there before cause i had just made that, its simple and maybe you should read up and not complain, if everyone else got it then so can you.

so don't say it doesnt work because in every thing youve seen it DOES work, so its not just YOUR computer or anything.

solvings simple, but you have to put some effort in learning the objective before you can do it.

word of advice

download fla and read the script

??

Hey Hessian,
    I know I'm doing something wrong but donno what

in your FLA there's only a BUTTON, and 2 layers on the main scene, I didn't see any ACTIONS at all, and also didn't understand what the 2nd layer is doing there. can U give some detail pls.