A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preload

Question

I have a problem with my preload bar. In my movie I have 2 Scenes. The first one is the preload scene and the second one the main scene. In the main scene I have about 6 Symbols(Films instance1, instance2 etc.) inside, so the main movie only has 1 Frame. I need this because I put the parts together in this first frame. The preload itself works perfekt but the bar is not working. My action is If Frame is Loaded [main, "../instance1"]
    Go to and play ....etc.
    Maybe someone can help me with this problem.

Your "bar" is not working? If you are talking about a working progress bar, then you have two problems..

1) The If Frame is Loaded command will not allow you to create a working progress bar. Instead, use the variables/properties "_framesloaded" and "_totalframes".

2) If your movie consists entirely of movie clips all placed on a single frame, then you will need to create a much more complicated preloader code to display an acurate preloader bar. I am not sure, but I think that you can use the _framesloaded and _totalframes properties of movie clips. That would be the only way to do it, since the main timeline consists of only one frame.

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000205.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=50 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>