dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Best Mouse

Smile

Hi
    Just a quick defect from the Swish board.!
    I hope I am in the right place to ask this question.
    Can anyone recommend a good mouse to use for graphic work?
    Thanks

If you can stand using a trackball instead of a mouse, I highly, highly reccomend a Logitech Trackman Marble wireless. I've been using a trackball for about a year or so now, I prefer then 100% over a movable mouse. If you use a computer alot, you probably notice your wrist hurting at times. With a trackball (which sits in one place) you're wrist really doesn't move, so it doesn't get agrivated. And anything that's wireless is pretty nice as well, just gotta keep some batteries around.

The one I'm speaking of is very ergonomic to the hand, and the ball is controled by your thumb. They only make a right handed one, I think... never seen a left handed one.

hope that helps.

mg33

Try a few at your local computer supplier . . .

For me, the wheely mouse's by Microsoft are top - with the wheel being the top-making factor . . .

The best mouse to use for graphic work?

a Wacom drawing tablet...

The Spyder

Smile Thanks to Mg 33 - Bendy Branch - Net Spyder

Thanks for the info, I am going to steer away from tracker ball ( use one everyday at work for 12 hours!, but use opposite commands from my mouse) (kackhanded!)
    kind regards

Microsoft IntelliMouse(tm). I've had mine for two years and it has not depreciated at all!

caithness massiv
    i have the logitech mouseman ... it's ergonomic and very nice ... and you can program every button (right, left, center scroll, thumb)

it would be even more killer if it were wireless

caithness massiv

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

http://www.microsoft.com/mouse/explorer.htm

I liked it so much I put it on several computers ... A great mouse, I must say for when I use one. I find myself using my tablet more and more, though - It's easy and fast.

Trackballs - eh - it's a personal thing ... *Personally* I would rather slam my head in teh car door than have to use a trackball - can't stand 'em ... but I have friends who would rather use nothing else - go figure.

The Razor Boomslang is the fastest and most accurate mouse with over 2000 dpi vs the intelimouse which has 200 dpi.
    Also has 5 programable butons and they are real easy and quick to use..and they dont get in the way. This mouse is also the gamers best mouse....They got the awards to back them up !!!!

Its smooth as glass.[/B][/QUOTE]

I have a counterfeit Microsoft mouse from 4 years back, i love it I don't think it matters unless you are looking to draw on there, then i recommend a Wacom.