A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Care to explain your FK Member Name?

FK Robot Wrangler

I have seen some interesting Member names in here, and I thought some of us would like to explain why they chose the name they did or ask other members what meaning their name has. Some of the names are pretty self-explanatory (take mine, for example: Jared [my name] + digital [my creative medium] = no brainer). I am sure there have to be some great reasons for some of the more creative names. Or am I wrong here? Surely there must be some stories to tell...

I'm looking at you, ApplesInMyBra.

dream.in.code
    Well mine is a no brainer as well, spydertl.com is my personal portfolio site

but my nickname (which was taken when I signed up) is SkyHawk133

I've had the nick for about 10 years, I got it when I did a lot of talking on the CB radios, I wanted to be a pilot and my favorite bird was the hawk so I got Sky Hawk, the 133 came from "shooting skip" which is when you bounce radio waves off the atmosphere making it so you can talk to people in different states or countries, well there was another skyhawk somewhere so the 133 is every other number in the serial number on my CB radio. But alas, CBs are anequated and I no longer use them, but the nick stuck.

a bunch of kids on my design course found out my name (doug) and from then only proceeded to call me 'snoop dougy doug', started writing stuff on desks and books about me and things associated with the real snoop dogg, they were infatuated with me to put it mildly but i like attention

Heh heh heh..."no frills footer"....thats pretty funny ....Ive been using my name for all the games ive gotten into over the years...But Descent 3 (D3) is by far the best ive ever been invloved with....At anyrate I used the same name here thinking maybe someone from the other network of ppl i know (D3) might also be here...Kinda wanted to see how small this world really is.....So there ya go...Cool topic man ........D3-JbOmB

It started as just my AOL IM name but use it on just about everything now. I wanted Ricko (nickname cause my name is richard) but that was taken so I added the T (for my last name thomas) but RickoT was taken so I just added a one.

Several years ago I got a PC program called "Game-Maker". One of the first experimental games I made with it featured a GUY navigating a MAZE. Guess what I named that character! ( Ain't I creative? )

The games I made with Game-Maker don't work on today's newer computers . But I took the nickname myself. Here's a screenshot of the original mazeguy.

I kill, my name is bryan. Killa(Cuz i kill)Bry(Bryan) easy huh?
    My new name is Evilbry but I signed up for FK before the change

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

now mines sorta weird. My name's ryan. I used to listen to a Christian Punk Rawk band by the name of MXPX. My girlfriend made a shirt up for me once when i went to one of their concerts with the words MXPX and RYAN intermingled, ala M-R-X-Y-P-A-X-N. I wore the shirt to school once and the name just stuck. The rest is history...

FK Official Postman
    "k" from Karthik, my 1st name, "b" from Balakrishnan, my lastname, and 1 from 10 for october. 8 from 1987, and 27 from oct 27th.

"k" from Karthik, my 1st name, "b" from Balakrishnan, my lastname, and 1 from 10 for october. 8 from 1987, and 27 from oct 27th.
    wheh!, I was hoping it was something like that. I didn't think it could be your birthday.

FK Official Postman
    Originally posted by mrxypaxn
    wheh!, I was hoping it was something like that. I didn't think it could be your birthday.
    Maybe it is my birthday

FK Robot Wrangler

Originally posted by killabry
    I kill, my name is bryan. Killa(Cuz i kill)Bry(Bryan) easy huh?
    My new name is Evilbry but I signed up for FK before the change
    hmm. i was actually wondering about your name... that clears it up, don't it?

still waiting for a good story from ApplesInMyBra...

I used to have the nickname fred, and my initials are scd (Stephen Christopher Davis). Now I have several other nicknames, stubbs(cause I'm short) and dave(short for my last name). Im thinkin of new names incorporating one of those new nicknames, but I have yet to think of anything good. I've been using scdfred since I got the internet like 7 years ago.

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

I'm from Minnesota

Nuff said

<< obvious really...

Metamorphosis - Greek Word - Changes Forms.

Funky Dutch Cactus
    well, my first name is stefan. and i liked steve yzermans nick (stevy y) so i took that one. and 99 is wayne gretzky's and my own number.

that's it

Pronunciation: (krE'dO, krA'-),
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural credos
    Etymology:
    1. the Apostles' Creed or the Nicene Creed.
    2. a musical setting of the creed, usually of the Nicene Creed.
    3. any creed or formula of belief.
    4. Middle English, from Latin, "I believe"
    Date: 12th century

Banned
    alkilla=counter-strike name. alkilla is the name I use for the online game I play called counter-strike (mod. for hal-life) . I really want to change it now. Why dosen't this board allow you to change your name.