A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Care to explain your FK Member Name?

FK Official Postman
    Originally posted by Phaedrus
    I got my name from the book I was reading when I registered, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance which has very little to do with Zen and even less to do with motorcycle maintenance, but otherwise a top book.

See ya
    So why is it "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"?

My name is S.Cutter. I used Scutter for a while, but never really liked it, then when signing up for some other forums i came up with Scuttle, just replacing a few letters, but i've been using it everywhere now since October.

It's probably the least offensive of my nicknames...partially came from my size (5'10"/260Lbs) and partially because of my attitude. I'm fine if you leave me alone, but if you irritate me...Must be my Viking heritage. Another Norwegian in Minnesota, go figure...

Well....er....I got an invitation to post a reply on this forum So here goes: Apples In My Bra. What can I say about my name? Well, I wanted a fruit-metaphor to accurately describe my breasts.
    Fruit - because its edible. Its plump (normally), perky, and its juicy, sweet and healthy.
    Cherries just didn't cut it - too small for my specifics. Lemons are too tart, melons are too large and heavy and bananas or cucumbers (ohmy) are not usually found in bras....
    So I went with apples, because as the saying goes "an apple a day...(in my case) keep the men at bay"

From Apples

Originally posted by ApplesInMyBra
    Well....er....I got an invitation to post a reply on this forum So here goes: Apples In My Bra. What can I say about my name? Well, I wanted a fruit-metaphor to accurately describe my breasts.
    Fruit - because its edible. Its plump (normally), perky, and its juicy, sweet and healthy.
    Cherries just didn't cut it - too small for my specifics. Lemons are too tart, melons are too large and heavy and bananas or cucumbers (ohmy) are not usually found in bras....
    So I went with apples, because as the saying goes "an apple a day...(in my case) keep the men at bay"

From Apples
    well that woke me up from sleeping on the job

Originally posted by lesli_felix

Now Applesinmybra, gotta be male right? A woman would pad herself out with something far more comfortable.

J.C. [/B]
    Actually, I AM a woman...
    There exists a popular notion that women with big, perky breasts (like mine) are bimbo idiots, sex symbols etc. I chose to exploit, and daresay deconstruct this notion, by doing just that - emphasizing my assests in jest.

But, just like 8minus8 says..."agree to disagree" and there might just be more to my breasts than meats (hehe) the eye

Then again, I never expected anyone to take me very seriously with a name like ApplesInMyBra...

Go figure
    Apples

FK Hardware Freak
    Emperor of Invincible Sand Castles

Trakker -
    wanted a name without any numbers or symbols, so i thought of DeathScythe, but it was allready taken. So i tried Trakker, and it worked! I really like it, but can't use it anywhere else w/out addin numbers or symbols or other letters to it. But i still love it!

FK Robot Wrangler

Originally posted by ApplesInMyBra

From Apples
    WOO HOO! thanks, Apples ! ...and not even a restraining order for my obsessive inquiries? even better!

it's a great name. as a guy, i couldn't get away with a member name that described any objects in my shorts, but it's a cute name for you.

Well... surprisingly dan hunter is my name... woah.

But i used to be xEDxED, this came from when i played Worms Armageddon, and made the clan 'ED'.. surronded it in 'x' cos that what you did.. and added another ED cos i felt like it... and everyone kept calling me ED.. cos of the clan name.

- Dan

Originally posted by kb1827
    Originally posted by Phaedrus
    I got my name from the book I was reading when I registered, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance which has very little to do with Zen and even less to do with motorcycle maintenance, but otherwise a top book.

See ya
    So why is it "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"?
    Well, it has got a little to do with both, but it mainly its a metaphor for a way of life<brief explanation>highlights the way in which if you follow Zen to fix your own machine(so to speak) and the similarities between teaching yourself to maintain your motorcyle, and hence the difference between the way bikers(people) maintain there bikes/self</brief description>

Thats not really what the novel is about but its one of the central themes of the book. Worth a read.

See ya

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    ApplesinmyBra,

Not often you see Afrikaans on the web. Moerse nice tuisblad!

Ok, well the story behind my name is this:

I was at school when this guy really bugging me, so one day I just went after him. The teacher tried to stop me, so I picked him up and put him out of the way, before continuing to go after the other guy. I was unstoppable - like Napalm

Sorry, folks, the joke was just wayyyyyyyyyyyy too good to pass up. First and last time I use this username

Originally posted by Napalm
    ApplesinmyBra,

Not often you see Afrikaans on the web. Moerse nice tuisblad!

Baie dankie vir die kompliment

Appels

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Hoe maklik is dit om oorsee in die mark te kom? Eks lus om oorsee te gaan, want die kliente maak my mal

Funky Dutch Cactus
    Hoe maklik is dit om oorsee in die mark te kom? Eks lus om oorsee te gaan, want die kliente maak my mal

wow, south-african and dutch once where thesame language, but i can't even understand all the things you write! what can language change!!

Originally posted by stevy99

wow, south-african and dutch once where thesame language, but i can't even understand all the things you write! what can language change!!
    Well, maybe South Africans are slowwwly infiltrating the world
    We can understand Dutch, but can you understand Afrikaans? heheh
    Apples

FK Official Postman
    Originally posted by cucumberInMyPants
    Sorry, folks, the joke was just wayyyyyyyyyyyy too good to pass up. First and last time I use this username
    Is this a new member, or a member using a new name?

Wichser
    Originally posted by kb1827
    Is this a new member, or a member using a new name?
    ...just rugbystud trying to be funny...
    lol
    lol I dunno it must be an existing user that just made it up after seein: applesInMyBra

aloha
    iCEBERG

Okay, you wanted a story, so here it is:
    The two words come from a freaked out series of novels by Carlos Castaneda (anthropologist/sorcerer, hmm...ok) about his explorations into the nature of reality and perception.

The stories were set in New Mexico, starting in the late 60's, and you were encouraged to believe they were reportage but they felt like fiction...but with a few crucial kernels of truth and an atmosphere that got me dribbling for more.
    So I read all seven of them. Yeah.
    And it turns out that reality is conveniently divided into two opposite types:
    1. Tonal: Everyday mundane reality as epitomised by a job, a table, a routine etc
    2. Nagual: Everything else...

We're talking binary Zen existentialism here!

Now when I began doing multimedia about 5 years ago, coming over from a film/video background (okay go on, groan, you hard bitten coders you), the thing that fascinated me was the possibility of interacting physically with what you see on-screen.

So the flat mundane reality of the screen becomes the fully multi-threaded hyper-reality of the graphical user interface.

The Tonal becomes the Nagual.

Hey, let's start a new religion right here!

All donations gladly accepted.

FK Robot Wrangler

oh my God that is too funny!!!! who could be so daring?