A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preload help

Question

I know how to do the main scene of the preloader, where you have the looping "If Frame Is Loaded" command, but I have a question about scripting to get the actual % loaded.

I have a movie clip of a small loading animation, but I also want to have a movie clip which will display the % loaded in numbers.

In that movie clip, I have a text field labeled "percentdisp".

Then in the first frame, I have the following code:

Set Variable: "percentdisp" = (_framesloaded/_totalframes)*100 & " % "

That way, the text field would display the percent (the number of loaded frames divided by the total number of frames), but for whatever reason, it displays 100% as its value no matter how much is loading when I test it as "Show Streaming" and a 56K modem in the testing environment.

Is there a hole in my script? Please help me out.

_-bMd-_

Lightbulb

Hi,You can find an example in the movie sec. uder NEW--> BAR Preloader. Everything is explained there. Tell me what you think.
    Mad-sci

I have this same statement in my preloader, but without the & "%" and it seems to work fine.

i.e. Set Variable: "percent"= (_framesloaded/_totalframes)*100

I tried putting in the "%" and even adding more (), but I got the same 100 loaded problem the you got.

Just go ahead and add an extra text field on the stage for your your % sign and put it next to the output text field.

Hope that helps if you haven't already figured it out.