A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Visited Links

Does anyone out there know an easy way to create links to URLs which change colour once the user has clicked on them? My navigation menu is used on different pages throughout my site. When the swf re-loads, I want it to remember the visited links, just like in HTML. I suppose this will involve loading external variables?

gabs

server side script

No, there is no easy way to do that. But if you know a bit of server side scripting then it is not that hard using the flash querystring.

i think that you will have to use something like cookies, as you want one set of variables for each user that is viewing the site, so the variable set will have to be stored on the client machine, then accessed when the user views the site, you will need a boolean variable for each link, and basically use actionscript to change the RGB values depending on whether the boolean is true or false. as flash cannot work directly with cookies, you will have to write a java servlet or cgi script that does that for you and just pass the variables to and from the script.