A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: simple question & one I blew some cells on

1) the simple question
    I want to auto start a projector from a cd, I have it for the pc, but the mac doesn't work.
    I have an applescript file that is saved as run only

tell application "Finder"
    activate
    select disk "Portfolio"
    open selection
    select file "Portfolio" of disk "Portfolio"
    open selection
    end tell

do I have to name the applescript file as something "special"? or save it as something else?

2) zzzzzzzzz
    Ok, I'm making a cross platform cd that uses the FsCommand, exec to open a projector file on my mac, but how do I make it work when it hits the pc? The conclusion I came to was to make 2 versions of the exe one named for the mac and one for the pc. Is this the right way to go? is there a way that would require less duplication of files? Can you open .swfs in a new window w/ out the exec command?

sorry i'm starting to ramble...

Use toast cd burning software. Create a temp partition under the (utilities menu) after that select your projector for pc along with a text file:

[autorun]
    open=yourfile.exe
    open=yourfile

then put your mac file in the partition and drag partition to burn it and it will automatically ask for which file would you like to use for autorun

This works, let me know if my instructions were too funky.

I've tried using toast to do a hybrid, the autorun for the pc doesn't work when I do it this way. I also am using invisible .swfs that load to both.

I was told applescript would work, but I'm at a loss

I never did a hybrid so i could not help you with that, but I do know the first way I told you worked for me,
    try using iso996 then when and be sure to create that autorun file in notepad on PC and name it AUTORUN.INF
    Then create that partition with the mac swf's in it. Put all PC things in one partition and all mac things in other. On mac part. choose autorun from menu and select file.The autorun that you created on pc will autolaunch the pc file and the file chosen in toast autorun will launch the mac file when on a mac.

note that mac users frequently turn off autorun of CD's due to a virus that circulated some time ago. i'd be interested to know if you get that applescript thing working though.