A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fav vacation spot ?

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    yeah yea ya. has anyone ever been to shlitterbahn before? love the place. going for my 4th time within the year . haha. i know its actually sad but its the best. i mean all the stuff 2 do, plus that buttered corn oh I could die for that stuff. and all the women in bikinis are a plus.

i guess ill turn this into a discussion. whats your favorite place 2 go and have a blast, like a theme park or something.

FK Hardware Freak
    Emperor of Invincible Sand Castles

shlitterbahn iz da BOMB DUDE!!! Love the place, but only been there once . boo hoo. I take me with you!
    [Edited by Trakker on 06-05-2001 at 10:45 AM]

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

I don't know - I'm not sure I really have one ... we've taken some cruises - taken some golf weekends - gone hiking in CO - and several others, but I don't really have a favorite. I don't like to travel. I've tried to convince my husband that I don't have to go and I've finally gotten him to take a week sometimes two weeks a year 'guy vacations', but he always wants to do a 'family vacation.'

The cruises are nice because the activities are so varied AND they take care of everything (not forgetting to mention the great food, either!) ... as far as weekend getaway types - I guess my favorite of those would be LaCantera in San Antonio (La Cantera ~ hubby and son play golf all day and I get to read all day - works out great for me and him!

Drum & Bass Addict
    girls in bikinis.haha..move to so cal..every girl looks like they are straight out of playboy..yummmmmm.

Originally posted by capty99
    yeah yea ya. has anyone ever been to shlitterbahn before? love the place. going for my 4th time within the year . haha. i know its actually sad but its the best. i mean all the stuff 2 do, plus that buttered corn oh I could die for that stuff. and all the women in bikinis are a plus.

i guess ill turn this into a discussion. whats your favorite place 2 go and have a blast, like a theme park or something.
    Dude! Shlitterbahn is the best! I've only been there once when I was like 8 (don't make it to Texas much) but I'll never forget. I still (twelve years later) tell people about that place.

Oh, and I like sailing.

FK Hardware Freak
    Emperor of Invincible Sand Castles

yeah, sailing is my fav passtime. Just let your worrys go with the wind....

Yes I know it's sad, but my favorite vacation place is Elba, MN (pop. 212). 3 Trout streams surrounded by rolling hills, 2 taverns, a gas station and virtually NO PEOPLE.

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Originally posted by Rhino
    Yes I know it's sad, but my favorite vacation place is Elba, MN (pop. 212). 3 Trout streams surrounded by rolling hills, 2 taverns, a gas station and virtually NO PEOPLE.
    hahahaha - my husband always kids me that my idea of a vacation (since I don't really like to travel much) is for them to leave and me to stay home by myself (peace and quiet!)

The Flashkit Mama

ma favourite

wild wadi @ jumeirah beach in Dubai , best places for hot seasons
    db

Sidari in Corfu (Greek island) probably but I'm going to Cancun in Mexico this year, anyone been there ?

Originally posted by RazoRmedia
    Sidari in Corfu (Greek island) probably but I'm going to Cancun in Mexico this year, anyone been there ?
    Corfu is beautiful (except Kavos)

Napoli (Italy) is my favourite City - sheer chaos

I have always wanted to go to Macha Pichu in Peru... seems as though I might get to go in March. So far my favourite is Ixopo, a Buddhist retreat in South Africa.

favorite vacation spot...anywhere that will let me sign up for a backcountry permit and take off on a trail not to see another person for 3-5 days. best spots to date...bryce canyon utah, grand teton wyoming, badlands south dakota, sequoia california. dream of packing through patagonia argentina, new zealand, and africa. take only memories, leave only footprints...

Sauguät

crystal crescent, just outside halifax,
    or algonquin park for 2 weeks, just a bunch a friends, the canoes, and lotsa rope so them gol' durn' 'coons don't get the food like last time!

anywhere but florida i hate this state

ibiza and belgium coast ... playing bachvolley ... working .. party

Corporate Nose-Picker
    Originally posted by vampstko
    anywhere but florida i hate this state
    What's wrong with FL? The sun? Bikinis? oh well, some like it cold....

Anyways my fav place so far is Rio de Janeiro, never seen prettier girls, cheaper beer, good food or better scenery...I spent 2 hours atop the Sugar Loaf last trip!!! you all gotta go at least one time to Rio.

Going to paris this year, see how that works out.

gotta lotta places to go, people to see....

not your average sock puppet finnegan's Avatar
    Originally posted by nordberg
    favorite vacation spot...anywhere that will let me sign up for a backcountry permit and take off on a trail not to see another person for 3-5 days. best spots to date...bryce canyon utah, grand teton wyoming, badlands south dakota, sequoia california. dream of packing through patagonia argentina, new zealand, and africa. take only memories, leave only footprints...
    My philosophy too. I spent almost a week in the backcountry in Canyonlands National Park in Utah - absolutely incredible. I love the desert - probably because it is the complete opposite of where I live (beautiful British Columbia, Canada).
    Speaking of BC backcountry, there are some fantastic places to visit here - I recommend the week-long hike through the Stein Valley. It has some of the best mountain and high alpine scenery anywhere. It is strenuous, but worth it. You won't see any people (you may see a grizzly or two though). Also, if you're from the US, it's inexpensive here because of the Canadian dollar.

i love travelling, there are two spots i would call my favourite:

udaipur in rajasthan, india... a beautiful oasis of a city in the desert, narrow streets, a big lake, temples, palaces, a cool hotel called the lal ghat, right on the water, whitewashed with different rooftops, right on the lake, water lapping under my window, elephants on the road. I've been there 3 times, once i spent 7 weeks there, just writing, drawing, playing guitar... great stuff, lots of character.

and

costarica specifically the nicoya peninsula and the small villages in the south west. A friend of mine has a cool beach house near santa teresa and there is nowhere more peaceful or relaxing. The people in costa rica are the best, so friendly and genuine. Love it. Hammocks, green, lush, sea, sand, empty beaches, amazing birds, snakes and lizards, anteaters(!!), no tv, no electricity, like camping but with a roof over your head