A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Bypassing the 3D hardware lock. . .

My cousin just gave me a used CD of Maya3D and 3D Max, she just got it from a garage sale. I tried to installed it but after I did an error message about hardware lock appears, what the f*** is this hardware lock and how can i bypass it? Anyone?!!!...

not your average sock puppet finnegan's Avatar
    The hardware lock is a physical device that you attach to a port (usually) a parallel port. Your software detects this thingy and if it is there and is coded properly, you can use the software.

Don't expect to find the answer here though. It's illegal and this isn't that kind of place...

Originally posted by finnegan
    The hardware lock is a physical device that you attach to a port (usually) a parallel port. Your software detects this thingy and if it is there and is coded properly, you can use the software.

Don't expect to find the answer here though. It's illegal and this isn't that kind of place...
    Thanks but it's not a warez though, the old owner who is our neighbor just crashed his computer coz of virus, and this is original CD, complete with everything.

click it and iy says that it's not illegal to bypass hardware locks
    [Edited by RazoRmedia on 06-06-2001 at 03:40 AM]

The hardware lock would have to be on his printer port if he ever used the program. One option would be to have the guy that sold it to you contact the company for a replacement hardware key. Might cost a few bucks, but it will be worth it.

not your average sock puppet finnegan's Avatar
    Sorry about that.

Since the original disks have been passed on to you, so has the license.

If it is complete with everything, it should contain the lock. If not, good luck. You may be able to request a new lock from the company if you have all the reg info though.

That link you sent looks like it may help you get past it...

thread closed as it borders on warez. if you didn't get the dongle off your cousin, he has ripped you off or may be using warez himself. You'll haver to contact the company or your cousin, there is no way round it here