A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AAAAHHHHH! I need some help

I have tried everything I can think of, could someone with more Flash knowledge than me please help?

I have created the primary portion of a flash movie. It contains two scenes and several buttons. The three main buttons in the movie all have rollover action states that load a simple text movie into the main movie. There are no movie clips in the loaded movies just one simple frame of text.

When I use the test movie feature, my movie works perfect, exactly how I want it to be. All rollover states work sounds work, movies load just fine. My problem is when I attempt to convert the movie to a projector file.
    everything works smooth until I rollover my buttons. I get a weird hesitation, almost like a foreign blank frame gets loaded that I never created. After that happens, the projector works fine, I can rollover the buttons with no problem. In fact if I replay the projector (without stopping it and restarting it), I will not get the hesitation again. I only get it on the initial startup.

Is it a bad idea to use load movie actions with a projector? I need to have a flawless presentation cd to send to companies as a presentation of my artwork, I would really appreciate some help.

One last note, I was assuming projector files were a standalone format, my projector file does not seem to work if it is outside of the folder that contains my original swf's

Thanks alot

Old dog learning new tricks

Yes the loadMovie can be tricky in a projector. I suggest u to post a thread in the Standalone Forum. The guys there know more. As for the folder thing, the projector is trying to load swfs that cannot find cause it's been moved.

thanks

I appreciate your help.

thanks

I appreciate your help.

Old dog learning new tricks

Take care

hope you get this....

i have made many many projector exe's and YOU WILL ALWAYS GET A MESSED VIEWING OF YOUR WORK...

this however will only happen if you are running them from the disk and if it is the first time through...

To get past this, paste a copy of it on to the desktop and run it through once before you present it......

this will preload everything in a sense and run fine...

good luck,
    mannyme80

thanks

Thanks alot, I'll try it.

One quick question, I am working on a Mac(if that makes a difference). When you say paste a copy of it onto the desktop, I am a bit confused(probably just my newness to the app). Do you mean paste the projector or the fla and swf files? If you could please clarify I would appreciate it.

Thanks