A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button

im making a site that has frames. In one frame i have a flash made menu. And the other frame will hold the site content. The buttons in the flash menu tell what html to appear in the other frame. how do i tell the buttons to open in the other frame? Is it the same as if it was all html code? I just dont know what to tell the flash buttons. Could someone help please?

Scott

swf in html

hope this is what you mean...
    you can embed .swf files in tables using html,
    thats how i have designed my particularly hideous site.
    http://www.i-dwebsolutions.co.uk

Sorry that is not what i was trying to ask. Sorry im having trouble with words tonite.
    See if this helps. i have two frames A and B. Frame A is all flash. I have buttons in frame A that made with flash5. one of the buttons in frame A is a button for it to display news ( in html form) in frame B. How do i tell a flash button to open a html page in a different frame not in the flash frame.

Scott

okay i had the same problem. heres what i did:

1) each frame has a name that can be assigned to it (frame name="main" or whatever). okay? thats how i assigned mine. check your html and find out what frame you want to target to.

2)next, go into flash and make your button. then click on your button and go into the 'actions panel'. you can pull this up by clicking the little arrow in the right hand bottom sid of your screen (if ur using flash 5). then click the little plus and go to basic actions>on mouse event and make sure 'release' is checked. then go to the arrow again and go basic actions>get url. then type in the url you want to load. for example you could type, 'info.htm".

3) heres the part your looking for: in the window box, type the NAME of the frame you want to target it to (for example type: 'main' without the 's.

4) put your menu wherever you want in the html, and test it out. this should work, it did for me!

later man.